The City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners (CAP) serves as the Community Action Agency for Tarrant County and provides comprehensive services to economically disadvantaged individuals, families and the elderly.
Through CAP programs, residents learn to become financially independent, reducing and eliminating their reliance on social services.
In 2018, CAP assisted 13,587 low-income individuals overcome barriers and make positive life changes.
Click on a program listed below to learn more about or to request services.
- Emergency Household Assistance Program – CARES Act
- Programs designed to assist residents with housing and other household expenses resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Utility Service Assistance
- Electric, gas or propane bill assistance
- CAP Works – Case Management
- Job skills, training and employment assistance
- Veterans Program
- Rent, mortgage or utilities assistance for Veterans
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance(VITA)
- Free income tax preparation program
- Water Payment Assistance
- Available for City of Fort Worth Water customers
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Services improve the energy efficiency of qualifying homes
- Smart Flush
- Low-flush toilets available to City of Fort Worth residents
- Rising Stars Youth Leadership Academy
- Summer leadership and enrichment program for ages 15-18
- Silver Stars
- Holiday gift program for senior adults
- HVAC Assistance
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Repair Assistance
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
The report below is completed by the City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners and documents the Tarrant County Community Needs Assessment results for 2018.