Cowtown Great American Cleanup
The 29th annual Cowtown Great American Cleanup is scheduled from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 22.
Deadline to register: March 10.
Material accepted during the Cowtown Cleanup
All litter and most debris found from illegal dumpsites are accepted for disposal at the Cowtown Cleanup Drop Off Sites.
The following items should not be included in the Cowtown Cleanup drop off sites.
- No automobile batteries or tires (except at three permanent drop off sites)
- No contractor remodeling and demolition debris such as shingles, wallboard and lumber (except from illegal dump sites)
- No electronic equipment such as computers (accepted at city drop-off stations or Goodwill)
- No household appliances that contain coolant, gasoline or other chemicals, including air conditioners, refrigerators and lawnmowers (accepted at city drop-off stations)
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or ceramic tile
- No paints or household hazardous waste (accepted at Environmental Collection Center)
Coordinators of groups can win prizes in the following categories:
- Most Youth 18 and under - 1st place
- Most Youth 18 and under - 2nd place
- Most Adults 19 and over (non-business group)
- Neighborhood Association with biggest participation
- Business with largest Participation
- Largest Boy Scout Troop Involved
- Largest Girl Scout Troop Involved
- Most Bags of Trash
- Most Bags of Recycling
- Wacky Trash Winner
- Most miles of roadway cleaned
- Most miles of waterway cleaned
- Most Tires