TIF 2: Speedway
TIF 2 (Speedway) was created as a means to purchase the Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) and finance needed public improvements within the TIF district boundary. The TIF district was expanded in 1999 to provide for the construction, renovation and operation of educational facilities located in the Northwest ISD tract, and to provide for additional infrastructure work such as street improvements, drainage, and traffic signs.
Date Created: Dec. 19, 1995; Expanded Aug. 10, 1999
End of Term: Dec. 31, 2035
Total Acreage: 568 (TIF 2A); 921 (TIF 2B)
Property Description: Located west of Interstate 35W off of State Highway 114 in Denton County. View the boundary map.
Projects: Purchase of Texas Motor Speedway as public improvement by the Sports Authority, public improvements within the TIF district; construction, renovation and operation of educational facilities located within the NISD tract; future infrastructure improvements to promote private development throughout the area.
Project and Financing Plan
Last amended Oct. 29, 2002. Download the full plan.
|2015 Taxable Value||$34,396,798||$26,679,077|
|2015 City of Fort Worth Contribution||$0||$0|
Level of Participation by Entity
|City of Fort Worth||0%*||0%|
|Northwest ISD||Calculated by formula annually|
* Ceased participation in lieu of mineral revenues.
- Chair: Dennis Shingleton, City of Fort Worth
- Sal Espino, City of Fort Worth
- Phillip Vaden, City of Fort Worth
- Kenton Nelson, City of Fort Worth
- Tom Kelly, City of Fort Worth
- Lori Fickling, Denton County
- Mel Fuller, Northwest ISD
- Tan Parker, State Representative
- Karen Rue, State Senator
For more information about TIFs, email TIF@fortworthtexas.gov.
- FY2016 TIF Annual Report
- FY2015 TIF Annual Report
- TIF Participation by Entity (2015)
- FY13-14 BAC Education Foundation Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- Market Drilldown
Southeast Fort Worth
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Incentives Report Card
Business Assistance Center (BAC)
1150 South Freeway, Suite 106
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Office of Business Diversity
1150 South Freeway, Suite 144
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Worth Metropolitan Black Chamber of Commerce
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG)
- North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (NCTRCA)
- Tarrant Appraisal District
- Tarrant County
- Texas Workforce Commission