Animal Care & Control
Education and Outreach
Animal Care and Control offers educational programs and shelter tours to keep residents informed on how they can reduce the pet overpopulation in Fort Worth.
E-mail Animal Care and Control or call 817-392-7013 to sign up for an educational presentation or shelter tour.
Registration for the Responsible Pet Ownership class must be completed in person at the Fort Worth Animal Care and Control Center.
Responsible Pet Ownership Class
This program emphasizes the owner’s responsibilities toward the pet and the community. The class will cover the following four subjects: City of Fort Worth Ordinances, Benefits of Spay/Neuter, Bite Prevention/Rabies, and Pet Ownership Responsibilities. This class also can be attended to obtain a free intact pet permit and have certain citations dismissed after arrangements have been made with the Municipal Courts.
Note: Due to construction, class location is subject to change. Confirm your class location during registration.
- Saturday, Dec. 14: 9-11 a.m., Hazel Harvey Peace Center for Neighborhoods, 818 Missouri Ave.
- Saturday, Jan. 11: 9-11 a.m., Hazel Harvey Peace Center for Neighborhoods, 818 Missouri Ave.
- Thursday, Jan. 23: 6-8 p.m., Hazel Harvey Peace Center for Neighborhoods, 818 Missouri Ave.
- Saturday, Dec. 7: Canceled due to inclement weather.
- Thursday, Jan. 8: 6-8 p.m., Hazel Harvey Peace Center for Neighborhoods, 818 Missouri Ave.
- Saturday, Jan. 25: 9-11 a.m., Hazel Harvey Peace Center for Neighborhoods, 818 Missouri Ave.
Animal Care & Control Administration
4900 Martin St. | 817-392-1234
Animal Care & Control Center
4900 Martin St.
Fort Worth, TX 76119
- Sunday & Monday: 1–4 p.m. (Owner reclaim services only)
- Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m. (Adoptions and reclaims open at noon)
- Saturday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. (Adoptions and reclaims open at noon)
PetSmart Charities Adoption Centers
4800 SW Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76109
817-731-4353 ext. 7
2901 Texas Sage Trail
Fort Worth, TX 76177
- Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m.