Swim lessons for school-aged children will be offered throughout the summer at Forest Park Pool and Marine Park Aquatic Center. Lessons will be offered by Sigma Swimming, a nationally-ranked swim school that has been serving Fort Worth families for nearly 10 years. It is also the only nationally-ranked swim program in Fort Worth.
Class dates and times
Classes meet twice a week, either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Swimmers can register for both sessions.
- Session One: Four weeks (June 10-July 5), 8 lesson days
- Session Two: Four weeks (July 8-Aug. 2), 8 lesson days
Class times are from 9-9:45 a.m., 9:45-10:30 a.m., 10:30-11:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m.-Noon
$104 per session per child, $80 one-time registration per child
- Low income / swim scholarship: $70 per session discount per child, $0 registration. Must provide proof of school lunches.
- Fort Worth resident: $10 per session discount per child. Must provide proof of address.
- Educator: $10 per session discount per child. Must provide school ID.
- Military/Fire/Rescue/Police: $10 per session, per child. Must provide service member ID.
- Sibling: $15 per session, per child. Applies only to siblings, not relatives. This discount is stackable with resident, educator, and service member discounts.
- Levels 1-4: Also known as our 10-B group, swimmers learn water acclimation skills like blowing bubbles, going under water, floating, gliding, kicking, and streamlining. When swimmers graduate, they are able to float and glide unassisted, roll from stomach to back and back to stomach, complete a sitting dive, and streamline.
- Levels 5-6: Also known as our 10-A group, swimmers are introduced to freestyle and backstroke, deep water skills like treading water, stroke drills, different types of kicking, and more advanced diving techniques. When swimmers graduate, they are able to dolphin and breaststroke kick, side breathe, swim freestyle for 12.5 yards, and tread water for 30 seconds.
- Levels 7-8: Also known as our 9-B group, swimmers begin their more advanced skills and drills like bilateral breathing in freestyle, flip turns, and breaststroke. When swimmers graduate, they are able to swim 50 yards of freestyle with a flip turn, 25 yards of backstroke, breaststroke kick for 25 yards, and many other skills.
- Levels 9-10: Also known as our 9-A group, swimmers learn butterfly and a multitude of skills and drills that complete their learn-to-swim journey and prepare them to be lifelong swimmers and join our swim team. When swimmers graduate, they are able to swim all 4 strokes in order without stopping (100IM), 200 yards of freestyle, 100 yards of backstroke, and 50 yards of breaststroke and butterfly.
Drowning Prevention Programs
Drowning prevention programs for ages 3-10 are an excellent way to get started in the water and a perfect lead up to swim lessons.
Programs are provided by the Fort Worth Drowning Prevention Coalition, a city partner, throughout the summer including two sessions hosted by the city (one session at Marine Park Aquatic Center and one session at Forest Park Pool). For dates, locations, registration info and more about preventing drowning, visit the Coalition’s website.
The following Pool Rules and Regulations are in effect at all municipal aquatic facilities. Enforcement of these rules are up to the discretion of the pool staff.
Forest Park Pool and Marine Park Aquatic Center are available for rental from 7-9 p.m., on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. (No rentals on holiday weekends, Monday-Thursday or days when the pool is closed.)
The City of Fort Worth has teamed up with the Fort Worth Drowning Prevention Coalition to offer scholarships for our "Learn to Swim" program.
Your support through the FWDPC will help pay for swimming lesson scholarships.
La Gran Plaza
4200 South Freeway, Suite 2200