The City of Fort Worth reserves athletic facilities for games, practices, meetings and other special events. Rentals must be paid for at the time of reservation. Reservations can be made over the phone with a credit card by calling 817-392-7690. In-person reservations can be made by visiting Haws Athletic Center, 600 Congress St.
Groups or individuals interested in reserving a practice field (e.g. soccer, softball, baseball, etc.) can do so on a first come, first served basis by calling 817-392-7690 from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday on the week needed. Reservations for secondary practice fields with lights must be made 24 hours in advance by 2 p.m. (or 2 p.m. Monday for same-day reservations).
When a reservation is made, the customer will receive a field permit. Permits can be faxed if the reservation is made over the phone. Customers are required to carry the field permit with them in case of a discrepancy over who has the right to be on the field.
Customers renting City of Fort Worth athletic fields should be advised of the following:
- Only the following approved sports can be played on synthetic turf fields: Flag football, kickball (unlined), rugby and soccer.
- Soccer field reservations must abide by a set of guidelines.
- A key is required to use the lights for evening practices at Oakland Park, Ed Collett, Rosemont, Trail Drivers and Rolling Hills Softball fields. The customer making the reservation must visit Haws Athletic Center to obtain a key. A $50 check deposit is required for one key, which must be returned the next business day or the check will be deposited in the Sports Advisory Council bank account.
- The following fields have automatic lights, which turn on 10 minutes prior to and turn off at the end of the scheduled reservation: Gateway Park (including synthetic turf fields), Rockwood Baseball Fields, Z. Boaz Baseball Fields, Hallmark Park, Sycamore Youth Complex, Rodeo Park, Sandy Lane, Rolling Hills Soccer, Handley Park, Lincoln Park and Harmon Soccer.
- If the automatic lights do not turn on, the customer reserving the field is responsible for informing the Athletics Section within 10 minutes of the beginning of the scheduled reservation. Athletics staff will attempt to turn on the lights manually from their office. If this fails, a credit will be made on the account of the person reserving the field. No additional time or credit will be granted to parties who do not inform Athletics staff of the problem in a timely manner.
|Unlighted, unlined practice fields
Lighted, unlined practice fields
|Unlighted inline hockey half rink
Unlighted inline hockey full rink
|Unlighted baseball/softball game fields||$20 per hour|
|Lighted baseball/softball game fields||$30 per hour|
|Natural turf, unlighted soccer game fields
Natural turf,lighted soccer game fields
|$25 per hour
$50 per hour
|Synthetic turf, unlighted multipurpose fields
Synthetic turf, lighted multipurpose fields
|$35 per hour
$60 per hour
|Tournament field fee, unlighted (Soccer fields)
Tournament field fee, lighted (Soccer fields)
|$35 per hour
$60 per hour
Note: There is no more "prep fee" for the baseball or softball fields.
Learn how to sponsor a city athletic field.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Adult sports: 817-392-7690
Youth sports: 817-392-5700
Heat Illness Prevention
Before your team hits the practice field, learn what to do about and how to prevent heat illnesses, heart conditions and head injuries on your team.