Meacham International Airport
- The City of Fort Worth established the Fort Worth Municipal Airport on May 23, 1925. The first airmail flight from Fort Worth Municipal Airport was flown in 1926 by National Air Transport Company, now known as American Airlines.
- In July, 1927, the airports name was officially changed to Meacham Field, in honor of former Fort Worth Mayor H.C. Meacham.
- On February 28, 1928, the first airline passenger ever carried out of the State of Texas on a scheduled airline flight departed Meacham Field for Oklahoma City.
- In 1928, the first glider aircraft towed aloft anywhere in the world took off from Meacham Field.
- In 1929 regular scheduled airline passenger service began at Meacham Field.<</p>
- Also in 1929, Reg Robbins and Jim Kelly set a new flight endurance record at Meacham Field. They stayed aloft for 172 hours and 30 minutes. This was also the first time in history that a successful air to air refueling took place.
- In 1930 the Weather Bureau established a permanent station at Meacham Field.
- In 1931, the airport was graded and flush type lighting was installed for the first time.On October 18, 1933, American Airways dedicated its first ever building on Meacham Field. This building is still in use today and is the home of Trajen FBO Network.
- By 1936, all runways at Meacham Field had been paved, 4 large hangars had been constructed, and the first terminal building had been opened.
- In 1953, scheduled airline service was relocated to Greater Southwest International Airport (GSIA). Meacham Field then developed into one of the worlds leading airports for general aviation, corporate and flight training activities.
- The new FAA air traffic control tower was constructed and occupied on April 1, 1968.
- The current administration and terminal building was completed on February 2, 1968, occupied on August 1, 1968, and dedicated on October 12, 1968. The old administration and terminal building including the old air traffic control tower were demolished the same year.
- Air Texas began scheduled airline service from Meacham Field in 1968.
- In February, 1970, Air Texas purchased Southwest Airmotive and began operating under the name Texstar Air Centers, Inc. retroactive to January 1, 1970.
- On March 18, 1970, installation of apron lights was completed and the terminal apron was lighted for the first time.
- On October 1, 1970, Air Texas terminated airline service.
- On March 11, 1974, the first 5,400 feet of Runway 16L/34R, and new Runway 16R/34L which was 2,800 feet long, opened.
- Runway 16L/34R was opened to its full length of 7,500 feet in January, 1975.
- In June, 1975, Meacham Field was designated as a Landing Rights Airport by the United States Customs Service.
- Tejas Airlines began commuter service on July 16, 1979, followed by Metroplex Airlines on July 30, 1979.
- On December 1, 1980, construction was complete on the lengthening of Runway 16R/34L to 4,000 feet.
- The remodeling of the terminal building including construction of the west addition was completed on January 1, 1981.
- Fort Worth Airlines operated airline service at Meacham Field from December, 1984 to September, 1985. In 1985, the City officially changed the name of the airport to Fort Worth Meacham Airport.
- Construction began in 1985 on the FAA Automated Flight Service Station. Dedication of the facility was on September 1, 1987.
- Exec Express Airlines operated passenger service between Fort Worth and Houston Hobby Airport, Austin and San Antonio from November, 1987 to March, 1988.
- In 1989, Fort Worth Meacham Airport recorded over 540,000 aircraft operations, making it the sixth busiest airport in the United States in terms of aircraft landings and takeoffs.
- In 1990, the Page Avjet facility was constructed. The hangar is 85' tall at its peak, and designed for Boeing 747-400 aircraft. The City constructed 3.5 million dollars in improvements to accommodate the commercial transport aircraft that would use the facility.
- In 1991 and 1992, the blast pads and holding aprons on Runway 16L/34R were reconstructed and expanded to accommodate large commercial transport aircraft that were now using the airport.In 1993 and 1994, the entire airport electrical system was replaced with a new system including new airfield guidance signs designed to meet current FAA standards.
- In January, 1995, the City officially changed the name of the airport to Fort Worth Meacham International Airport.In 1995, Runway 16R/34L was reconstructed. The runway was upgraded to meet the demands of heavier corporate aircraft, and state of the art visual approach aids were installed.
- During the 1995, design for new Taxiway A was conducted. The new taxiway will be a full length parallel taxiway to Runway 16L/34R and serve as an auxiliary runway.
- Construction on an Instrument Landing System (ILS) for Runway 34R is scheduled to begin in 1995. Also in 1995, the exterior of the administration/terminal building originally constructed in 1968, was completely renovated, including new signage and lighting.