Consumer Choice Plan
The Consumer Choice Plan is designed for employees who like the financial benefit of a Health Savings Account (HSA) and lower monthly premiums. This plan may also benefit those who may live (or whose dependents may live) outside of the Fort Worth area and won’t have easy access to one of the city’s health center locations.
As with most high-deductible plans, all health care services are billed to the employee at 100% until the deductible is reached. Then, in most cases for in-network providers, the plan pays 80% while the employee covers 20% until the out of pocket maximum is reached.
Those on the Consumer Choice Plan can still access primary care services at the City of Fort Worth Health Centers at a reduced cost of $60 per visit.
Compare the health plans
To help employees better understand the city’s two health plans, here’s a comparison chart showcasing the differences between the Health Center Plan and the Consumer Choice Plan, as well as some other facts about both plans.
Active Employees (Per Paycheck)
|Employee only||Employee + spouse||Employee + child(ren)||Employee + family|
|Health Center Plan||$48.18||$238.37||$177.85||$333.47|
|Consumer Choice Plan||$0||$161.66||$115.77||$242.50|
- All preventive care, including mammograms and routine colonoscopies, are free to members of both the Health Center Plan and the Consumer Choice Plan.
- Consumer Choice Plan members will be able to use the health centers at a discounted rate of $60 per visit.
- Mental health services are still available, and are treated like medical services under both plan options regarding the billing process.
Retiree rates are available on the Retiree Benefits page.
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
As part of the Consumer Choice Plan, the city pays $540 into individual HSAs each year and $1,000 into family HSAs. Employees can voluntarily save even more by making additional contributions to their HSA. Learn more.
City of Fort Worth Benefits Office
- Phone: 817-392-7782
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 817-392-2624
Health Plan Information
- Ask ALEX, Your Online Benefits Counselor
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Eligibility
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Healthcare Concierge
- Leave Policies (Paid Time Off)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pension Information
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Prescriptions and Medication
- Retirement Plans
- Urgent Care
- Voluntary Benefits