Health Center Plan
The Health Center Plan offers employees health centers in and around the Fort Worth area that are exclusively available to city employees, retirees and their dependents. These centers provide unlimited primary care services for employees during normal business hours, and may include extended business hours in some locations. Employees can expect to receive an appointment on the same or next business day for sick visits.
Additionally, there are satellite locations available to employees on this plan, however they are not exclusive to city employees and therefore may not offer immediate appointments.
Specialists are available on this plan as well at various costs, depending upon their participation in the United Healthcare – Choice Network and whether or not they are a premium or a non-premium provider.
Compare the 2019 health plans
To help employees better understand the city’s two health plans, here’s a comparison chart of the 2018 rates showcasing the differences between the Health Center Plan and the Consumer Choice Plan, as well as some other facts about both plans.
Active Employees (Per Paycheck)
|Employee only||Employee + spouse||Employee + child(ren)||Employee + family|
|Health Center Plan||$48.18||$238.37||$177.85||$333.47|
|Consumer Choice Plan||$0||$161.66||$115.77||$242.50|
- All preventive care, including mammograms and routine colonoscopies, are free to members of both the Health Center Plan and the Consumer Choice Plan.
- Consumer Choice Plan members will be able to use the health centers at a discounted rate of $60 per visit.
- Mental health services are still available, and are treated like medical services under both plan options regarding the billing process.
Retiree rates are available on the Retiree Benefits page.
- 2019 plan comparison details and summary of plan benefits
- 2019 medical rates per paycheck for active employees
- 2018 OptumRx Preventive Maintenance Medication List (Consumer Choice Only)
- Zero-Pay Prescriptions - Employee Health Center.
- Prescriptions must be written by providers at one of the three main health centers - Moncrief, Huguley and Lake Worth.
City of Fort Worth Benefits Office
- Phone: 817-392-7782
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 817-392-2624
Health Plan Information
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Eligibility
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Healthcare Concierge
- Leave Policies (Paid Time Off)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pension Information
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Prescriptions and Medication
- Retirement Plans
- Urgent Care
- Voluntary Benefits