Pension - Past Proposals
The final pension proposal that was approved by the Fort Worth City Council on Tuesday, Dec. 11, was revised numerous times during discussions between the Pension Review Committee and employee union groups.
A history of these revisions, as well as past versions of the proposal and corresponding communications, are included below:
Pension updates in The Roundup (Newest first)
- Nov. 26, 2018: Pension 101: Getting to know the pension, and why make it sustainable
- Nov. 14, 2018: City Council tables vote on pension fix
- Nov. 13, 2018: Learn more about the proposed pension reform plan City Council will be voting on tonight
- Nov. 5, 2018: Pension discussions resume Tuesday, Nov. 6
- Aug. 16, 2018: Additional pension proposals considered during budget workshop
- Aug. 3, 2018: City Manager's Pension Update - Upcoming pension presentation to City Council
- June 5, 2018: City Manager's Pension Update - Alternate scenarios and schedule moving forward
- Jan. 8, 2018: City Manager's Pension Update - Questions and Answers
- Dec. 19, 2017: City Manager's Pension Update - Retaining top talent and development of a strawman proposal
- Dec. 12, 2017: City Manager's Pension Update - What's happened since 2017
- Dec. 1, 2017: City Manager's Pension Update - Why is the city's pension plan not sustainable, and how did we get here?
Pension presentations to City Council (Newest first)
- Dec. 11, 2018: Video of David Cooke's final presentation to City Council prior to vote
- Nov. 13, 2018: Video of City Council's decision to table pension vote
- Nov. 6, 2018: Video of David Cooke's presentation to City Council
- Sept. 7, 2018: Video of pension discussions during City Council Budget Workshop
- Aug. 16, 2018: Video of pension discussions during City Council Budget Workshop
- Local 440 of the International Fire Fighters' Association's Pension Recommendations to City Council (Aug. 16)
- Fort Worth Police Officers' Association's Pension Recommendations to City Council (Aug. 16)
- David Cooke's PowerPoint presentation (Aug. 16)
- Aug. 7, 2018: Video of David Cooke's presentation to City Council
- Pension Glossary and Frequently Used Terms
- Pension Frequently Asked Questions
- Fort Worth Employees' Retirement Fund - Financial Report Center
- History of the Fort Worth Retirement Fund - 1945 to Present
Pension Lunch and Learn
Contact your Human Relations Coordinator to request a Lunch & Learn presentation.
View a history of previous proposals and communications about earlier drafts of the pension solution.