Camp Fort Worth
School may be out, but the fun and learning doesn't have to stop. Enroll your children in Camp Fort Worth and let them discover new skills and friendships.
The Camp Fort Worth program is full of challenging and creative activities for children ages 5 to 13. Each day promises nonstop fun and excitement.
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
June 29-Aug. 7, 2020No camp July 3
Extended care will not be available, nor will campers go on any field trips.
Camp Fort Worth Update
Fort Worth community centers are planning to start Camp Fort Worth no earlier than June 29, but that date could change. The safety of campers and staff is the top priority, and the City of Fort Worth is working with public health officials to determine a camp start date that will reflect that focus. Camps will not open until:
- Local public health professionals advise city officials that it is safe to open.
- All supplies needed to ensure the safety of campers and staff are on hand.
- Modifications have been completed to make sure facilities are as safe as possible. Examples of these modifications include installing plexiglass-dividers, moving furniture to ensure physical distancing and securing adequate supplies of disinfectant and personal protective equipment.
Once Camp Fort Worth opens, camp sessions will operate from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Extended care outside of these times will not be available.
Camp fee will be $30 per week with scholarships available; campers can register for as many weeks as they wish.
Safety measures in place
- There will be a limited number of spots available. This is due to the City of Fort Worth's hiring freeze that impacts summer staff hiring, and the need for physical distancing.
- Camp will adhere to the minimum standard health and safety protocols established by the Governor's Strike Force to Open Texas.
- All staff will wear masks, and parents are strongly encouraged to send their camper to camp with a mask. Campers who arrive without a mask will be given one by staff.
- Staff will disinfect all areas throughout the facility on an ongoing basis each day.
- Parent drop-off will take place outside. Parents will not be permitted to enter the facility, and campers and parents should expect to undergo health and temperature screenings outside before entering the facility.
- Each camper will have their own bag of supplies. Social distancing will be enforced, with no sharing of materials.
- There will be an increased focus on personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and hand washing.
To learn more, contact a nearby community center.
This program adheres to the Fort Worth Youth Program Standards of Care.
Contact a participating center to register in-person, or for more information.