Apply for CAP services online
Scanned documents required
In order to complete your application and receive services, the following scanned documentation is required. Documents can be scanned using a desk scanner, or by taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet.
If your application is incomplete due to missing one of the following scanned documents, you will be denied service.
The following documents are needed to process your service request:
- Proof of any current income earned or received in the past 30 days for all household members. This proof can include:
- Current check stubs for the past 30 days. (Do not scan W2 tax forms.)
- Award letters (TANF, SSI, Social Security, etc.) for the current year.
- A statement from your employer (on letterhead) showing gross income for the past 30 days, if unemployed.
- Unemployment documentation, etc.
- If no income has been earned or received, household members age 18 and older must complete:
- A Declaration of Income statement for all members of the household
- Picture ID for applicant.
- Current utility bills (front and back sides) and any disconnection notices for electric, gas, or water. The account must be active/not disconnected.
- Current food stamp documentation, if applicable.
- Social security cards for all household members, if applicable.
- Proof of US citizenship or legal residency. In order to verify this, complete the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) form and include one of the following documents:
- Birth certificate.
- Voter registration card.
- United States passport.
- Certificate of citizenship.
- Naturalization certification, etc.
Applications will not be processed without required documents listed above. Due to increased volume of applications, please allow up to 15 business days for processing
Eligibility Requirements for all CAP Programs
- Participants must be a resident of Tarrant County. Some assistance is only available in certain cities in Tarrant County.
- Most programs require participants to be at a specific level of household income according to the Federal Income Guidelines.
- Participants will be required to provide the following documents:
- Picture identification
- Proof of citizenship*
- Proof of household income for all adults 18 and older
- Current utility bill
- Proof of residence
* Required for specific programs/services (e.g., original birth certificate, voter registration card, passport)
Depending upon the number of requests, funding for some programs may be limited or unavailable.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
Community Food Share Day at Como: 9 a.m. July 20, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Slumber Party at Andrew Doc Session: 6 p.m. July 20, 2018; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave.
Movie in the Park at MLK: 8 p.m. July 20, 2018; MLK Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
Kickball at Como: 6 p.m. Aug. 1, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Community Food Share Day at Como: 9 a.m. Aug. 3, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Senior Social Trip at Southside: 10 a.m. Aug. 3, 2018; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale.
Back to School Bash at North Tri: 10 a.m. Aug. 4, 2018; North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
Community Food Share Day at Como: 9 a.m. Aug. 17, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Movie Night at Worth Heights: 6:30 p.m. Aug. 17, 2018; Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
Back to School Bash at Como: 9 a.m. Aug. 18, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.