Utility Service Assistance
Residents are assisted with utility bills (electric, gas and propane) to avoid utility disruptions. Energy and water conservation education is provided to help households achieve energy self-sufficiency.
Eligibility Requirements for all CAP Programs
- Participants must be a resident of Tarrant County. Some assistance is only available in certain cities in Tarrant County.
- Most programs require participants to be at a specific level of household income according to the Federal Income Guidelines.
- Participants will be required to provide the following documents:
- Picture identification
- Proof of citizenship*
- Proof of household income for all adults 18 and older
- Current utility bill
- Proof of residence
* Required for specific programs/services (e.g., original birth certificate, voter registration card, passport)
Depending upon the number of requests, funding for some programs may be limited or unavailable.
For more information, call 817-392-5790.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
Mother's Day Celebration at Southside Community Center: 10:30 a.m. May 7, 2019; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
Mother's Day Celebration at Andrew Doc Session Community Center: 10:30 a.m. May 8, 2019; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania.
RESCHEDULED: Spring Carnival at Southside Community Center: noon May 11, 2019; Evans Plaza, 1050 Evans Ave.
Mother's Day Celebration at Como Community Center: noon May 11, 2019; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Senior Prom at MLK Community Center: 3 p.m. May 25, 2019; MLK Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.