Families in Transition (FIT) Program
Case managers assist low-income households in attaining economic and personal independence through a variety of services on an ongoing basis, thus reducing the family’s reliance on social services.
Eligibility Requirements for all CAP Programs
- Participants must be a resident of Tarrant County. Some assistance is only available in certain cities in Tarrant County.
- Most programs require participants to be at a specific level of household income according to the Federal Income Guidelines.
- Participants will be required to provide the following documents:
- Picture identification
- Proof of citizenship*
- Proof of household income for all adults 18 and older
- Current utility bill
- Proof of residence
* Required for specific programs/services (e.g., original birth certificate, voter registration card, passport)
Depending upon the number of requests, funding for some programs may be limited or unavailable.
For more information, call 817-392-5790.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
Community Thanksgiving Dinner: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 29, 2017; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
PeeWee Football Banquet: 7 p.m. Dec. 2, 2017; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.