CAP Community Impact
Community Action Partners is making a difference in the community by offering a variety of services, educational programs, and assistance to qualifying individuals and families.
- 348 individuals helped by the program
- 172 individuals who have attained jobs thanks to CAP Works
- 4 job fairs held in Tarrant County, 7 others attended to promote CAP Works
- 35 individuals transitioned out of poverty as a result of the program
- Worked with employers that include: City of Fort Worth, Fort Worth ISD, Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor, Delta Airlines, Tarrant County College, Texas Health Resources, YMCA, GM Financial, UPS, FedEx, and many more!
Families in Transition
- 283 households helped by the program
- 35 families transitioned out of poverty
Utility Service Payment Assistance
- 20,183 individuals helped by the program
- 8,543 households helped by the program
Water Payment Assistance
- 243 households helped by the program
- 103 households helped by the program
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- 11 sites participated in Tarrant County
- 3,530 tax returns completed across all sites
- $6,101,335 was given in tax refunds to those who filed with VITA
- $2,509,979 earned income credits were refunded
- 84 community volunteers assisted with VITA
- 2,874 hours were spent preparing tax returns
Special Nutrition Food Program
- 70,829 summer lunches provided
- 85,264 summer snacks provided
- 9,292 suppers provided
- 43 participating sites across Tarrant County
Rising Stars Academy
- 202 students participated in the program
- 30 different professional fields/specialties took part in the program
- Participating community partners included Tarrant County College, Texas Health Resources, Capital One, GM Financial, United Way, Fort Worth ISD, City of Fort Worth, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, TCU, Culinary School of Fort Worth, and more!
- 32,053 referrals and information was provided
For more information, call 817-392-5790.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
Health Fair at Como Community Center: 9 a.m. Feb. 24, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Black History Program at MLK Jr. Community Center: 4:30 p.m. Feb. 26, 2018; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.