CAP Community Impact
Community Action Partners is making a difference in the community by offering a variety of services, educational programs, and assistance to qualifying individuals and families.
- 348 individuals helped by the program
- 172 individuals who have attained jobs thanks to CAP Works
- 4 job fairs held in Tarrant County, 7 others attended to promote CAP Works
- 35 individuals transitioned out of poverty as a result of the program
- Worked with employers that include: City of Fort Worth, Fort Worth ISD, Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor, Delta Airlines, Tarrant County College, Texas Health Resources, YMCA, GM Financial, UPS, FedEx, and many more!
Families in Transition
- 283 households helped by the program
- 35 families transitioned out of poverty
Utility Service Payment Assistance
- 20,183 individuals helped by the program
- 8,543 households helped by the program
Water Payment Assistance
- 243 households helped by the program
- 103 households helped by the program
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- 11 sites participated in Tarrant County
- 3,530 tax returns completed across all sites
- $6,101,335 was given in tax refunds to those who filed with VITA
- $2,509,979 earned income credits were refunded
- 84 community volunteers assisted with VITA
- 2,874 hours were spent preparing tax returns
Special Nutrition Food Program
- 70,829 summer lunches provided
- 85,264 summer snacks provided
- 9,292 suppers provided
- 43 participating sites across Tarrant County
Rising Stars Academy
- 202 students participated in the program
- 30 different professional fields/specialties took part in the program
- Participating community partners included Tarrant County College, Texas Health Resources, Capital One, GM Financial, United Way, Fort Worth ISD, City of Fort Worth, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, TCU, Culinary School of Fort Worth, and more!
- 32,053 referrals and information was provided
For more information, call 817-392-5790.
Open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Andrew "Doc" Session 201 S. Sylvania Ave. Fort Worth, 76111
- Como 4900 Horne St. Fort Worth, 76107
- Martin Luther King 5565 Truman Drive Fort Worth, 76112
- North Tri-Ethnic 2950 Roosevelt Ave. Fort Worth, 76106
- Northside 1100 NW 18th St. Fort Worth, 76164
- Southside 959 E. Rosedale St. Fort Worth, 76104
- Worth Heights 3551 New York Ave. Fort Worth, 76110
- Southeast Arlington 401 W Sanford, Ste. 2700, Arlington, TX 76011
This attached report below, is completed by the City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners,. It documents the Tarrant County Community Needs Assessment results for 2018.
Mother's Day Celebration at Southside Community Center: 10:30 a.m. May 7, 2019; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
Mother's Day Celebration at Andrew Doc Session Community Center: 10:30 a.m. May 8, 2019; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania.
Mother's Day Celebration at Como Community Center: noon May 11, 2019; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
RESCHEDULED: Spring Carnival at Southside Community Center: noon May 11, 2019; Evans Plaza, 1050 Evans Ave.
Senior Prom at MLK Community Center: 3 p.m. May 25, 2019; MLK Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115