CAP Works provides tuition assistance for short-term certifications and job training, allowing low-income individuals in Tarrant County to improve their chances at employment, in order to become more financially independent and self-sufficient.
CAP Works focuses on proactively addressing some of the root causes of poverty by developing a networking program that provides job training to low-income individuals of all ages and experience levels, which will lead to higher employment and stronger, more sustainable communities.
Learn more or schedule an appointment by calling 817-392-5790 or download an application.
CAP Works offers tuition assistance for the following programs:
- Automotive repair
- Beauty school
- Commercial driver
- Culinary skills
- Composite bonding
- Computer systems
- Forklift driving
- Heating, ventalation and air conditioning (HVAC) training
- Manufacturing Skills Service Council (MSSC) safety
- Medical assistance training, including CPR/EKG certification
- Office careers
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA) training
- Pharmacy tech
- Phlebotomy certification
- Security installation
Classes are offered through partnerships with Tarrant County College, Fort Worth Housing Authority, the Women’s Center, the Goodwill Community Enrichment Center, and other organizations.
Additionally, CAP Works will fund tuition, books, uniforms, and other supplies for short term certifications and training for in-demand jobs.
CAP Works also offers other services and workshops to help individuals achieve their professional goals.
- Individual career counseling
- Career assessments designed to help identify skills, interests, and possible career fields
- Job fairs, as well as job education and training
- Employment assistance
- Workshops on dressing for success
- Ways to improve your interview skills, presentation skills to employers, or job hunt practices
- Information on how to write an effective resume or cover letter
- Budgeting and finance
Eligibility Requirements for all CAP Programs
- Participants must be a resident of Tarrant County. Some assistance is only available in certain cities in Tarrant County.
- Most programs require participants to be at a specific level of household income according to the Federal Income Guidelines.
- Participants will be required to provide the following documents:
- Picture identification
- Proof of citizenship*
- Proof of household income for all adults 18 and older
- Current utility bill
- Proof of residence
* Required for specific programs/services (e.g., original birth certificate, voter registration card, passport)
Depending upon the number of requests, funding for some programs may be limited or unavailable.
For more information, call 817-392-5790.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
Parking Lot Sale at Southside: 7 a.m. Sept. 8, 2018; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
Grandparents' Day Breakfast at Southside: 10 a.m. Sept. 8, 2018; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale.
Mental Health Awareness Fair at Como: 10 a.m. Sept. 15, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Job Fair at Andrew Doc Session: 10 a.m. Oct. 13, 2018; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave.
Fall Festival at Worth Heights: 6 p.m. Oct. 20, 2018; Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
Fall Festival at Andrew Doc Session: 10 a.m. Oct. 27, 2018; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave.
Halloween Carnival at North Tri-Ethnic: 10 a.m. Oct. 27, 2018; North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
Fall Festival at Southside: 11 a.m. Oct. 27, 2018; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
Fall Festival at Northside: 2 p.m. Oct. 27, 2018; Northside Community Center, 1100 NW 18th St.
Fall Festival at Sycamore: 6 p.m. Oct. 31, 2018; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Sycamore: 6 p.m. Nov. 14, 2018; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale St.
Turkey Bingo at Andrew Doc Session: 6 p.m. Nov. 16, 2018; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave.
Turkey Bingo at North Tri-Ethnic: 6 p.m. Nov. 16, 2018; North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
Senior Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.