CAP Works - Case Manangement
CAP Works provides tuition assistance for short-term certifications and job training, allowing low-income individuals in Tarrant County to improve their chances at employment, in order to become more financially independent and self-sufficient.
CAP Works focuses on proactively addressing some of the root causes of poverty by developing a networking program that provides job training to low-income individuals of all ages and experience levels, which will lead to higher employment and stronger, more sustainable communities.
CAP Works offers tuition assistance for programs such as, but not limited to:
- Automotive repair
- Beauty school
- Commercial driver
- Culinary skills
- Composite bonding
- Computer systems
- Forklift driving
- Heating, ventalation and air conditioning (HVAC) training
- Manufacturing Skills Service Council (MSSC) safety
- Medical assistance training, including CPR/EKG certification
- Office careers
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA) training
- Pharmacy tech
- Phlebotomy certification
- Security installation
Classes are offered through partnerships with Tarrant County College, Goodwill Industries Community Enrichment Center, University of Texas at Arlington(UTA) and other organizations.
Additionally, CAP Works will fund tuition, books, uniforms and other supplies for short team certifications and training for in-demand jobs.
CAP Works also offers other services and workshops to help individuals achieve their professional goals.
- Individual career counseling
- Career assessments designed to help identify skills, interests and possible career fields
- Job fairs, as well as job education and training
- Employment assistance
- Workshops on dressing for success
- Ways to improve your interview skills, presentation skills or job hunting practices
- Information on how to write an effective resume or cover letter
- Budgeting and finance
Depending upon the number of requests, funding for some programs may be limited or unavailable.
Applications are also available at any CAP location. For more information call, 817-392-5720.
Open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Andrew "Doc" Session 201 S. Sylvania Ave. Fort Worth, 76111
- Como 4900 Horne St. Fort Worth, 76107
- Martin Luther King 5565 Truman Drive Fort Worth, 76112
- North Tri-Ethnic 2950 Roosevelt Ave. Fort Worth, 76106
- Northside 1100 NW 18th St. Fort Worth, 76164
- Southside 959 E. Rosedale St. Fort Worth, 76104
- Worth Heights 3551 New York Ave. Fort Worth, 76110
- Arlington 401 W Sanford, Ste. 2700, Arlington, TX 76011
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115
The report below, is completed by the City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners and documents the Tarrant County Community Needs Assessment results for 2018.