Douglas W. Black
Email Douglas Black
Senior Assistant City Attorney
Real Estate & City Facilities
Doug Black advises the Transportation & Public Works, Water, Planning & Development and Park & Recreation departments on their contractual matters related to construction of city infrastructure. He joined the City Attorney’s Office in March 2009 to administer the police Meet and Confer Agreement, and negotiate and administer the fire collective bargaining agreement. In November 2010, Black began advising infrastructure departments.
- J.D. — University of Denver College of Law (2000)
- B.A. — University of Colorado, Boulder (1991)
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Courts: * Northern District of Texas * Southern District of Texas * Eastern District of Texas * United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Fort Worth Youth Soccer Association — Non-voting Board member 2017 - Present; Coach 2003 - Present
- Enjoys cycling (including commuter cycling), triathlon, soccer; and gardening
Prior to his employment with the City of Fort Worth, Doug Black practiced general municipal law with Taylor Olson Adkins Sralla and Elam (2003-2008) and general law with Hill Gilstrap, (2000-2002).