Email Leann Guzman
Senior Assistant City Attorney
Section Chief — Real Estate & City Facilities; Public Safety
Leann Guzman joined the City Attorney’s Office in March 2004 as a prosecuting attorney. In June 2005, she moved into the Transactional Division and, since that time, has given advice to city council, city boards and commissions and city staff on a variety of issues, primarily on real estate transactions and public safety operational contract issues.
Guzman currently is section chief of the Real Estate & City Facilities Section of the City Attorney’s Office, and is a member of the Public Safety working group, where she provides legal advice to the Fire Department and Emergency Management on contractual and grant-related issues.
- J.D. – University of Texas at Austin (2001)
- B.A. (Political Science) – University of Texas at Arlington (1998)
Affiliations & Activities
- Member, Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Sections, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Government Lawyers Section, State Bar of Texas
- Member, International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas City Attorneys Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
- Sales, Purchases, and Redemption of Tax-Foreclosed Property, State Bar of Texas, 34th Annual Advanced Real Estate Law Course, July 12-14, 2012, San Antonio, Texas
- After The Tax Foreclosure: Purchase Of Property Following An Ad Valorem Tax Lien Foreclosure By A Taxing Unit, State Bar of Texas, 7th Annual John Huffaker Agricultural Law Course, May 23-24, 2013, Lubbock, Texas