Email Melanie Houston
Melanie Houston joined the City Attorney’s Office in 2012. Her primary responsibilities include prosecuting violations of the Texas Transportation Code, Fort Worth City Code and Class C misdemeanors arising from the Texas Penal Code.
- J.D. – Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas (2008)
- B.S. – (Political Studies) – Westminster College, Salt Lake City, Utah (2005)
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to practice:
- United State Supreme Court
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association (former member)
- Texas Wesleyan University Moot Court Board & Moot Court Honor Society (former member)
Before joining the Fort Worth City Attorney’s Office, Melanie Houston was a prosecutor for the City of Dallas. Her prior experience also includes practicing criminal defense and family law in Austin, Texas, as well as internships at the Texas Attorney General’s Office and the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office.