Email Jessica Sangsvang
Assistant City Attorney II
General Services; Real Estate & City Facilities
Jessica Sangsvang joined the City Attorney’s Office in February 2010, and currently practices in both the Transactional Division. Sangasvang serves as legal advisor for the Fort Worth Public Art Program and Fort Worth Art Commission. Additionally, she advises the Transportation & Public Works Department on red-light camera, towing and parking enforcement issues; handles IT contracts for certain departments; works on legislative issues; and practices real estate. Her previous responsibilities included serving as police legal advisor and handling issues related to public information, elections and the Crime Control and Prevention District.
- J.D. – Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (2008)
- Merit scholarship recipient
- Phi Delta Phi
- B.S. (Summa Cum Laude) (Political Science) – Texas Wesleyan University (2005)
- Hatton Sumner’s full-tuition scholarship recipient
- Mortar Board
- Alpha Chi
- Specialized Training: Negotiations, Mediations, Family Mediation
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Courts:
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- HOA Board of Directors
- Chair of the People’s Law School Committee
Sangsvang previously worked as the civil assistant district attorney for Smith County. In that role, she represented the county and the commissioners court in civil legal matters. Sangsvang advised elected officials, department heads, committees, and boards on various legal matters including contracts, employment, elections, environmental, IT, transportation, tort claims, property, procurement, public information, and open meetings. In addition to revising county regulations and policies, she also prosecuted mental commitments, expunctions, nondisclosures and bond forfeitures.
- Presenter of a continuing legal education course entitled “Attorney Subpoena Training” (March 21, 2014).