Email Lynn Winter
Assistant City Attorney II
General Services; Litigation — Civil & Code
Lynn Winter joined the City Attorney’s Office in 2016. She primarily practices general civil litigation with a focus on handling claims and defending lawsuits involving state-law torts allegedly committed by Fort Worth police officers or other city employees. Lynn also assists the General Services Section with public information requests.
- J.D. – Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, TX (2011)
- Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- Board of Barristers
- B.A. – (Political Science/History) - Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX, cum laude (2005)
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
Prior to joining the Fort Worth City Attorney’s office, Winter primarily practiced insurance defense and personal injury defense with Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson & Feary P.C. as an associate attorney (personal injury trucking defense); with Cozen O’Connor as an associate attorney (insurance defense); and Brown, Dean, Proctor & Howell as an associate attorney (insurance defense, general civil litigation). Before attending law school, Lynn worked at her alma mater TCU as an assistant director of Donor Relations in charge of the university’s scholarship/stewardship program.