HEB’s Feast of Sharing to make first Tarrant County appearance
Posted Oct. 26, 2012
Join the festivities at Fort Worth’s first HEB Feast of Sharing holiday dinner, 2-7 p.m. Nov. 6 at Will Rogers Memorial Center.
The Feast of Sharing is in its 24th year. Each year during November and December, Central Market and HEB serve holiday meals to more than 250,000 people throughout Texas and Mexico.
This year will be the inaugural event in Tarrant County. The goal is to welcome 10,000 guests. People who are hungry, less fortunate or homeless are all welcome to the free event. Guests will be served a complete turkey dinner with all the trimmings by an army of volunteers.
In addition to a holiday meal, participants can enjoy music, arts and crafts and kids’ activities, including a free photo with Santa.
The workhorse behind Feast of Sharing is a state-of-the-art, 45-foot mobile kitchen that can prepare more than 2,500 meals per hour.
To learn more, contact Shannon McOwen at 817-310-5600.
- Direct-connector ramp to Chisholm Trail Parkway now open
- Major traffic switch on 820 moves vehicles to new TEXpress lanes
- Volunteer with FWPD’s crime-deterring Citizens on Patrol team
- New development along Trinity will further enhance trail system
- Mayor's Message: Council welcomes Ann Zadeh aboard
- More News »