Shred it, recycle it at America Recycles Day event Nov. 17
Posted Nov. 2, 2012
Shred personal documents and drop off recyclable items when Fort Worth hosts Shred Day as part of the America Recycles Day event Nov. 17, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at LaGrave Field, 31 NE 6th St.
Greenstar, a recycling services company, along with Bridgestone Firestone, Goodwill Industries and the City of Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center are co-hosting the event, which is free for Fort Worth residents. All you need is a drivers’ license or a water bill for proof of residency.
Resident can drop-off documents to be shredded, and can bring in items like tires, batteries, light bulbs and more to be recycled. Here’s more about what will be accepted at the event:
- Secure document shredding is provided by Greenstar Recycling. Residents can bring in five boxes of personal documents (no more than 40 pounds per box). Greenstar will issue a certificate of destruction for the material and recycle the paper.
- Bridgestone Firestone will collect and recycle up to four passenger tires per household.
- All types of residential light bulbs and batteries will be collected by the Environmental Collection Center.
- Goodwill is accepting electronics, small appliances, household items, furniture and clothing.
- Storm debris to be collected with next bulk waste pickup
- Boogie over to the Nature Center for run/walk supporting bison
- Gather your foursome for BAC golf tournament
- CCPD proposers conference rescheduled to April 29
- Mayor's Message: 2015 State of the City recap
- View the news archive »