Salute vets of Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom in Nov. 10 parade
Posted Nov. 3, 2012
Veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom will be special honorees during the Tarrant County Veterans Council’s Veterans Day Parade at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 10 in downtown Fort Worth.
Grand marshal will be Brigadier Gen. Samuel L. Henry, 36th Infantry Division assistant commander of the Texas Army National Guard.
The parade will stage at LaGrave Field, then proceed south on North Main around the Tarrant County Courthouse, south on Houston Street, East on Fifth Street, north on Main Street, east on Weatherford Street, north on Commerce Street and north on Main Street to return to LaGrave Field.
The parade is sponsored by Lockheed Martin and supported by the City of Fort Worth, Veterans Coalition of Tarrant County, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Downtown Fort Worth Inc., American Legion Post 14, VFW Post 8235 and numerous ROTC and Junior ROTC programs in Tarrant County.
- Community workshop to discuss tolled managed lanes
- Learn how to make healthier choices at Blue Zones Project roundups
- Marine Creek Caffeinated Town Hall to be televised
- Tower 55 improvements close roads around Nash Elementary
- Mayor's Message: Response to the investigation into discrimination complaints
- More News »