PD campaign catches kids doing the right thing
Posted Nov. 28, 2012
The Fort Worth Police Department’s Traffic Division is conducting a child safety campaign called “We Caught You Doing Something Right.”
Traffic Division officers will monitor school zones this month to look for children properly using a crosswalk, wearing a bike helmet when riding a bicycle or being buckled up correctly in their parent’s vehicle.
The officer will approach the child and tell him or her, “We caught you doing something right.” The officer will then reward the child with a coupon for a free ice cream cone, drinks or tickets to the Fort Worth Zoo.
Program sponsors include the Fort Worth Zoo and the Fort Worth Bike Patrol Support Group.
- High-flying air race at TMS brings traffic changes
- Henderson detour in place; Main Street detour planned late this year
- Art in the Garden, Artisan Fair to feature works in multiple media
- Speak out on plan for public art
- Mayor's Message: IDEA Works making waves in the small business and startup community
- More News »