PD campaign catches kids doing the right thing
Posted Nov. 28, 2012
The Fort Worth Police Department’s Traffic Division is conducting a child safety campaign called “We Caught You Doing Something Right.”
Traffic Division officers will monitor school zones this month to look for children properly using a crosswalk, wearing a bike helmet when riding a bicycle or being buckled up correctly in their parent’s vehicle.
The officer will approach the child and tell him or her, “We caught you doing something right.” The officer will then reward the child with a coupon for a free ice cream cone, drinks or tickets to the Fort Worth Zoo.
Program sponsors include the Fort Worth Zoo and the Fort Worth Bike Patrol Support Group.
- Census figures show Fort Worth population reaches 812,238
- Report: Downtown continues to grow as center for housing, employment
- Monument dedication to honor long-lasting work of CCC
- How you can participate in developing the city’s Floodplain Management plan
- Mayor's Message: Bring home a pet during National Adoption Weekend, May 15-17
- View the news archive »