Local aviation museum rebrands
Posted Oct. 22, 2013
When the Veterans Memorial Air Park moved to its present location at 3300 Ross Ave., it began to tell the story of aviation in North Texas and Fort Worth. That story has grown to become the primary story the museum tells through its exhibits.
Last month the museum’s board approved rebranding the Veterans Memorial Air Park to the Fort Worth Aviation Museum.
“Just think of the Fort Worth Aviation Museum as a mall of museums,” said Jim Hodgson, executive director. “We host the OV-10 Bronco Association, the Forward Air Controller’s and B-36 Peacemaker Museums, the Veterans Memorial Air Park and displays from other aviation organizations.”
To learn more, call the Fort Worth Aviation Museum at 855-733-8267 or visit online.
- Fort Worth Flashback: Lake Worth provided recreation option in 20s and 30s
- North Tarrant Express to open nine months early
- Celebrate Fort Worth’s night out against crime on Oct. 7
- Bash celebrates legendary Lake Worth Monster at Fort Worth Nature Center
- Mayor's Message: First Spanish-language Twitter Q&A a great success
- More News »