Citizen Forester classes start soon
Posted Feb. 5, 2014
Become a Citizen Forester and help our community take care of its trees.
The Cross Timbers Urban Forestry Council is accepting applications for the Citizen Forester 2014 training class in Fort Worth. Participants will become skilled at planting, pruning and maintaining trees while learning how to manage trees in urban settings.
Classes will be held 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on five Wednesdays: Feb. 19, March 19, April 16, April 30 and May 21. The locations will vary by topic, but will be in Fort Worth.
The training class is limited to 25 participants. There is a $50 fee to pay for program materials. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Learn more by calling 817-392-5738 or by emailing the city’s Forestry program.
- Early voting in May 10 elections begins April 28
- Join federal, city employees at Earth Day celebration
- Parts of Trinity Park to close for four-day run of Mayfest
- Japanese culture on display during Spring Festival
- Mayor's Message: This Earth Day, support organizations that support our parks
- More News »