Boards and Commissions
Capital Improvements Advisory Committee for Transportation Impact Fees
AUTHORITY FOR CREATION AND OPERATION
The Capital Improvements Advisory Committee for Transportation Impact Fees is authorized by Section 395.058 of the Local Government Code.
METHOD OF APPOINTMENT
Appointed by City Council. State law provides that the City Plan Commission may be appointed to this role if the commission includes at least one representative of the real estate, development, or building industry who is not an employee or official of the governmental entity.
TERMS OF OFFICE
The terms of five of the members shall expire on October 1 of each odd-numbered year. The members of the Commission shall be identified by Place numbers one through nine. The odd-numbered places shall expire in odd-numbered years and the even-numbered places shall expire in the even-numbered years. Committee members may be appointed to succeed themselves. Vacancies shall be filled for unexpired terms, but no member shall be appointed for a term in excess of three consecutive two year terms.
GENERAL POWERS AND DUTIES
The Capital Improvement Advisory Committee (CIAC) for Transportation Impact Fees is an advisory committee required by the Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 395. The duties of the committee are as follows:
- Advise and assist the City Council in adopting land use assumptions;
- Review the transportation improvements plan and file written comments;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of the transportation improvements plan;
- File semi-annual reports with respect to the progress of the transportation improvements plan and report to the City Council any perceived inequities in implementing the plan or imposing the impact fee; and
- Advise the City Council of the need to update or revise the land use assumptions, transportation improvements plan and impact fee.
Members of the Commission are considered to be officers of the City of Fort Worth.
MEETING TIME AND PLACE
Meet at the call of the City Council or Chair or, in the event of his/her absence, the Vice Chair. State law requires that the CIAC for Transportation Impact Fees meet at least semi-annually. Additional meetings for the CIAC for Transportation Impact Fees will be held as necessary on the same day as regularly scheduled City Plan Commission meetings. CIAC for Transportation Impact Fees meetings are subject to the Texas Open Meetings Act, and as such, the meeting, location and agenda are posted for the public at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. For more meeting information and agendas, please see the Boards, Commissions and Committees page.
|Place||Committee Member||District||Original Appointment||Term Expires|
Charles Edmonds, Jr.
Katherine Beck, 817-392-7918