Cowtown Great American Cleanup
Because of the health concerns for the public and to minimize the spread of the COVID-19, the city and Keep Fort Worth Beautiful find ourselves in the difficult position of canceling the 2020 Cowtown Great American Cleanup and The Earth Party.
This is a total cancellation and the events will not be-rescheduled this year.
We want to thank you for your years of support and volunteerism to this great event! Keep Fort Worth Beautiful will continue to operate and host litter prevention programs such as Litter-Free Schools, Adopt A Street, Litter Free Lots, and the Litter Stomp which is set to take place this fall.
Please know, the City of Fort Worth is working with its partners at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, and Tarrant County Public Health to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19.
The city has already taken these actions:
- All city-organized -produced and -permitted meetings, events and programs will be postponed or canceled through March 31.
- Until further notice, within the City of Fort Worth there is a mandatory cancellation of any events or gatherings with expected attendance of 250 people or more.
- All critical city services and emergency services will continue to operate as usual.
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19, the city has developed a web page that includes links to many resources where you can get the most current information on the virus and answers to most questions you might have. Visit the COVID-19 web page.
Saturday, April 4, 2020, 8-11 a.m.
Join Keep Fort Worth Beautiful and thousands of volunteers across the city for the 35th annual Cowtown Great American Cleanup, our largest annual litter cleanup and beautification event. Every year, organizations, businesses and individuals pick up litter from parks, streets, creeks and other public areas. In 2019, these hard-working volunteers removed over 140,000 pounds of trash from their communities.
New this year: Cowtown Marathon will be hosting a PLOG (Picking up Litter while Jogging) at Trinity Park during the cleanup. You can register to participate in the PLOG by selecting the Trinity Park hub. We recommend joining in pairs so one person can pick up while the other person holds the trash bag. No jogging necessary – walkers are welcome!
Registration Information for future events to be determined.
- You can select from a list of cleanup locations or choose your own (must be a public space within the City of Fort Worth).
- You can register as an individual or a group.
- All registrants will receive gloves and bags.
- T-shirts are limited to the first 6,000 registrants.
- Lunch will be provided for volunteers at the Earth Party.
If you would like a Code Officer to attend your cleanup, please contact us. (Limited quantities available – first come, first served!)
Don’t miss out on the largest green event in Fort Worth! Reward yourself for your hard work and head over to the Trinity Park for food, fun and to learn about all things sustainable. There will be live music and family-friendly activities for all ages.
Visit educational booths and exhibits to learn about topics like water conservation, air quality, waste reduction and recycling, environmental issues, healthy living initiatives and much more!
2020 Sponsor and Exhibitor Information
Thanks to our 2020 Sponsors!
Learn how you can help support the tremendous efforts of our volunteers. Send an email to KFWB@fortworthtexas.gov or call 817-392-2046.
Important Forms and Information
- For Teachers – Register My School
- Release Form
- Wrap-Up Form
- Ten Tips for a Safe Cleanup
- What do I do with my bags?
- Drop-Off Station Map
- Drop-Off Voucher
Make a difference in your community today by joining the thousands of volunteers who make Cowtown a great place to live!