Permits & Plans Exam
Find permit information fast with One Address.
- Door to Door
- Electric Fence Installations
- Garage Sales
- Grading Permit
- Holiday Vendor Permit
- Ground Transportation
- Mobile Food Vendor
- Special Events & Parades
- Street Use & Sidewalk Permits/Parkway
- Sidewalk Cafe
- Tent Permit
- Urban Forestry Permit
- Wireless Facilities
Expedited Plan Review
To better serve you, as of January 2019, the City of Fort Worth now offers an expedited plan review service for building permit review on projects of all sizes, commercial and residential. Features of this service will allow developers and others seeking a building permit to:
- schedule a meeting with the plan review team and the design professionals
- address any issues identified on the spot
- potentially issue a building permit in one sitting
The review meeting will be scheduled for two weeks after the permit application has been accepted. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to have all design professionals in attendance to make any necessary corrections.
The multi-disciplinary X-Team (Expedited Plan Review team) will consist of four senior plans examiners (building, electrical, mechanical/plumbing and zoning), an engineering tech II, a coordinator and a senior customer service representative. Any additional development reviewing departments such as Code Compliance (Health), Water, Fire, and TPW (Stormwater and Traffic) will review the plans during the two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
Applicants requesting an X-Team review should have:
- final plats recorded
- all engineering and infrastructure approved
- appropriate zoning in place and any necessary variances or Certificates of Appropriateness obtained
- paid all associated building permit fees plus an additional fee of $1,000 per hour (two hour minimum) for the duration of the meeting
For all X-Team inquiries, please contact Ann Nace.
Applications for the X-team service will be available online or in person at City Hall in the Development Services Department.
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.