Garage sales and estate sales are permitted within the Fort Worth city limits, but must follow these rules:
- No more than two sales on the same premises in any one calendar year.
- Sales are held by a person who does not hold himself out as engaging in, or does not habitually engage in, the business of selling such property at retail
- Sales must be confined to the garage and/or patio of the premises.
- No new merchandise acquired solely for the purpose of resale may be sold at the garage/estate sale.
- Sales may last no more than three consecutive calendar days.
- One sign advertising the sale is allowed on the premises only, and must not exceed 2 square feet in size. All other signs, either on or off the premises, are prohibited. A garage sale permit is not required by the City of Fort Worth to host a garage sale or estate sale.
To report a garage sale violation, contact Code Compliance or call 817-392-1234.
For more information, contact Development Services customer service at 817-392-2222.
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.