Home > Departments > Development Services > Permits

Sign Permit

The Zoning Section implements and enforces the sign ordinance and in the following cases, a Sign Permit must be obtained (see ordinance for all requirements).

Residential home builders/developers are required to use kiosks for off-premise directional signage. Any interested builder or developer should contact George Faris at Baker Clearview Kiosk Systems, 817-737-4472 or gfaris@clearviewkiosk.com.

How to apply for electronic permit

(paper plans not accepted)

Plans may be submitted electronically through the City’s online permitting system.

Apply Now

What is required for Electronic Submittal

Permit Fees

Application fee: $33.00*
Revisions: $50.00 per Hour
Unified Sign Agreement:$1,500.00
Board of Adjustment:Non-Residential Variance $750.00*
Non-Residential Special Exception $1,000.00*/Electronic Changeable Copy

If you have additional questions concerning the sign or zoning ordinance, contact the zoning staff at 817-392-8028.

* Additional fees may apply

Online Permitting

Online Permit System Log In

What permits can I apply for online?

View instructional videos for applying for online permits

Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.

New users: Register for an account.

Watch the online training video to learn more.

Permit Fee Schedules


Accommodations & Accessibility

Accommodations are available for residents who have accessibility requirements. To learn more about accessibility accommodations available from the City of Fort Worth, visit the Accessibility page or request an accommodation due to disability.