Carlos E. Flores (District 2)
Carlos Flores was recently elected Fort Worth Council member for District 2. He is a third generation Fort Worth native with deep roots in the community. He is a member of the All Saints Catholic church parish and Home & School Organization. Flores is a graduate of Nolan Catholic High School and attended The University of Texas at Austin to major in Aerospace Engineering and minored in Fine Arts and completed his degree studies at the University of Texas at Arlington. He is a member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and the Society of Flight Test Engineers (SFTE).
Professionally, Carlos worked for two international product identification and handling companies as project engineer, as a design engineer for Raytheon on the C-130 and P-3 programs, and at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company in Fort Worth as a senior engineer performing stress analysis, flight & ground test support for the F-16 and F-35 fighter programs. Flores recently worked at Parker-Hannifin Aerospace in prototype design and testing. He is also a former corporate recruiter at Texas colleges and universities.
As a civic-minded citizen, Flores is engaged on diverse fronts devoting time and energy to public service and the betterment of his community. Recently, he represented District 2 on the City’s Zoning Commission as Chairperson; former chairman of the Building Standards Commission; Stockyards Redevelopment Task Force; City Charter Review Committee; Master Thoroughfare Plan Task Force; the Kimbell Art Museum Host Committee; a Crime Control & Prevention District board member; Artes de la Rosa board member; and other boards, committees and task forces. As the former president of the Northside Neighborhood Association, he remains involved providing a vital voice, leadership and fellowship to the residents of his community.
Carlos and his wife and two children call the Northside home, along with extended family. In his spare time, he enjoys working on the family ranch raising cattle and riding horses.
- Carlos E. Flores: June 20, 2017 to present
- Sal Espino: May 7, 2005, to June 20, 2017
- Jim Lane: May 1, 1993, to May 7, 2005
- Carlos Puente: May 25, 1991, to May 1, 1993
- Louis J. Zapata, Sr.: April 19, 1977, to May 25, 1991
- Joe Bruce Cunningham: April 4, 1973, to April 19, 1977
(First single-member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- Jess M. Johnston, Jr.: April 9, 1969, to April 4, 1973
- Harris P. Hoover: April 2, 1963, to April 9, 1969
- George Thompson III: April 4, 1961, to April 2, 1963
- J. F. Tarlton: April 8, 1953, to April 4, 1961
- R. B. McKinley: July 28, 1948, to April 8, 1953
- R. L. Carnrike: July 10, 1940, to July 14, 1948
- T. J. Harrell: July 23, 1938, to June 19, 1940
- Jack Carter: July 6, 1938, to July 23, 1938
- W. J. Hammond: April 2, 1935, to June 22, 1938
- John B. Davis: Oct. 23, 1929, to April 2, 1935
- John N. Sparks: April 12, 1927, to Oct. 23, 1929
- H. C. Meacham: April 7, 1925, to April 12, 1927
- North Main Street Bridge detour rescheduled for this weekend
- Crews continue building the foundations of three new bridges
- 28th Street to close for TEXRail bridge installation
- Register for Gear Up to End Hunger ride
- No internet service at home? Check out a Wi-Fi hotspot from the library
- City Council releases meeting schedule for summer
Rolling Town Hall: 6 p.m. Sept. 19, 2018; To Be Determined.
National Night Out at Diamond Hill: 5 p.m. Oct. 2, 2018; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 Ne 36th St.
Facebook Live Town Hall: noon Oct. 17, 2018; Mayors Facebook Page.
Fall Festival at Diamond Hill: 5 p.m. Oct. 26, 2018; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 NE 36th St.
Halloween Carnival at North Tri-Ethnic: 10 a.m. Oct. 27, 2018; North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
Fall Festival at Northside: 2 p.m. Oct. 27, 2018; Northside Community Center, 1100 NW 18th St.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Diamond Hill: 5 p.m. Nov. 15, 2018; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 NE 36th St.
Turkey Bingo at North Tri-Ethnic: 6 p.m. Nov. 16, 2018; North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
District 2 Office
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102