Cary Moon (District 4)
Cary Moon was elected to City Council in May 2015 to represent District 4, which includes neighborhoods from inside Loop 820 to the far north.
Moon is committed to making Fort Worth a great city to live, work and play. His office expects government transparency, efficiencies in our government and open communication for the neighbors he represents.
Moon has taken an active leadership role in serving on the government boards and councils listed:
- City of Fort Worth Tax Increment Finance District 7, Chair
- City of Fort Worth Tax Increment Finance District 13, Chair
- City of Fort Worth Internal Audit
- City of Fort Worth Public Housing Finance Commission
- North Texas Council of Governments, Regional Transportation Council
Professionally, Moon has a diverse set of experiences in the private sector. The majority of his professional career was spent in the financial industry having served as chief executive officer of Community Bank and chief financial officer of a medical company. As president/CEO of Moon Financial Inc., he has founded and co-owns a portfolio of business and real estate entities throughout DFW.
Moon grew up in nearby Burleson, Texas, and is a graduate of Texas A&M University. Having lived in Fort Worth since 1999, and within a few miles of downtown Fort Worth during all but his years at Texas A&M, he considers it a privilege and honor to serve in his role as a councilmember.
Moon and his wife, Alisha, have two daughters, and the family is proud to call Fort Worth their home.
- Daniel L. Scarth: May 13, 2006, to June 2, 2015
- Becky Haskin: 5.1.1993 to 5.13.2006
- Morris Matson: 5.25.1991 to 5.1.1993
- Kay Granger: 5.6.1989 to 5.4.1991
- Russell Lancaster: 4.7.1981 to 5.6.1989
- Jeff Davis: 4.19.1977 to 4.7.1981
(First single member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- John J. O’Neill: 4.7.1971 to 4.19.1977
- Ira Kersnick: 4.24.1967 to 4.7.1971
- Mrs. Edgar Deen: 4.6.1965 to 4.24.1967
- Willard Barr: 4.2.1963 to 4.6.1965
- Tommy Thompson: 4.2.1957 to 4.2.1963
- Mrs. Joe Spurlock: 4.22.1953 to 4.2.1957 (First woman to serve)
- J. R. Edwards: 7.2.1942 to 4.22.1953
- Bradley Burks: 11.19.1941 to 6.3.1942
- Ross Trimble: 7.23.1938 to 11.12.1941
- E. S. Hooper: 4.7.1937 to 7.23.1938
- Roy C. Murphy: 4.2.1935 to 4.7.1937
- Sam J. Calloway: 10.5.1932 to 4.2.1935
- A. E. Thomas: 4.7.1925 to 10.5.1932
- Modern roundabouts are safer for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists
- Freeway lighting repairs on Southeast Loop 820 will close some lanes
- Fort Worth voters approve six bond proposals
- Bat and skunk test positive for rabies in north Fort Worth
North Beach Street Streetlights Project Meeting: 6 p.m. June 21, 2018; Lakeland Street Baptist Church, 3551 Cindy Drive.
Crud Cruiser Mobile Waste Collection: 9 a.m. June 23, 2018; Riverside Community Center , 3700 E. Belknap St.
Town Hall: 10 a.m. June 30, 2018; To Be Determined.
Tour De Fort Worth: July 1, 2018,–July 22, 2018; To Be Determined.
Town Hall: noon July 11, 2018; To Be Determined.
Rolling Town Hall: 6 p.m. Aug. 15, 2018; To Be Determined.
Crud Cruiser Mobile Waste Collection: 9 a.m. Oct. 20, 2018; Gateway Church, 4205 Basswood Blvd.
District 4 Office
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102