Cary Moon (District 4)
Cary Moon was elected to City Council in May 2015 to represent District 4, which includes neighborhoods from inside Loop 820 to the far north.
Moon is committed to making Fort Worth a great city to live, work and play. His office expects government transparency, efficiencies in our government and open communication for the neighbors he represents.
Moon has taken an active leadership role in serving on the government boards and councils listed:
- City of Fort Worth Tax Increment Finance District 7, Chair
- City of Fort Worth Tax Increment Finance District 13, Chair
- City of Fort Worth Chairman, to Internal Audit
- City of Fort Worth Public Housing Finance Commission
- North Texas Council of Governments, Regional Transportation Council
- City of Fort Worth FW Sports Authority
- City of Fort Worth Local Development Corporation
Professionally, Moon has a diverse set of experiences in the private sector. The majority of his professional career was spent in the financial industry having served as chief executive officer of Community Bank and chief financial officer of a medical company. As president/CEO of Moon Financial Inc., he has founded and co-owns a portfolio of business and real estate entities throughout DFW.
Moon grew up in nearby Burleson, Texas, and is a graduate of Texas A&M University. Having lived in Fort Worth since 1999, and within a few miles of downtown Fort Worth during all but his years at Texas A&M, he considers it a privilege and honor to serve in his role as a councilmember.
Moon and his wife, Alisha, have two daughters, and the family is proud to call Fort Worth their home.
- Daniel L. Scarth: May 13, 2006, to June 2, 2015
- Becky Haskin: May 1, 1993 to May 13, 2006
- Morris Matson: May 25, 1991 to May 1, 1993
- Kay Granger: May 6, 1989 to May 4, 1991
- Russell Lancaster: April 7, 1981 to May 6, 1989
- Jeff Davis: April 19, 1977 to April 7, 1981
(First single member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- John J. O’Neill: April 7, 1971 to April 19, 1977
- Ira Kersnick: April 24, 1967 to April 7, 1971
- Mrs. Edgar Deen: April 6, 1965 to April 24, 1967
- Willard Barr: April 2, 1963 to April 6, 1965
- Tommy Thompson: April 2, 1957 to April 2, 1963
- Mrs. Joe Spurlock: April 22, 1953 to April 2, 1957 (First woman to serve)
- J. R. Edwards: July 2, 1942 to April 22, 1953
- Bradley Burks: Nov. 19, 1941 to June 3, 1942
- Ross Trimble: July 23, 1938 to Nov. 12, 1941
- E. S. Hooper: April 7, 1937 to July 23, 1938
- Roy C. Murphy: April 2, 1935 to April 7, 1937
- Sam J. Calloway: Oct. 5, 1932 to April 2, 1935
- A. E. Thomas: April 7, 1925 to Oct. 5, 1932
Beach & Basswood Intersection Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Feb. 26, 2020; Summerglen Library, 4205 Basswood Blvd.
District 4 Office
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102