City Council District 5
Councilmember Gyna Bivens was elected to the District 5 seat in June 2013. She serves as president and executive director of North Texas Leaders and Executives Advocating Diversity, a consortium of major employers in North Texas whose chief executive officers seek to increase diversity in their managerial ranks.
View all districts on the zoning map.
Around the district
- Sidewalks and curb ramps to be constructed on portions of Barron Lane and Brentwood Stair Road
- Pet adoption fees reduced to $17.76 through end of July
- Municipal Court: Beware of scam artists
- Fort Worth partnering with businesses for greener practices, greater water efficiency
- Traffic-calming devices to be installed at River Trails Elementary School
- City Council releases meeting schedule for summer
- Mayor and City Council appoint new task force for race and culture
- Foundation awards top police officers
- Blue Zones Project participation exceeds 50,000
- Two month closure expected for parts of Northside Drive, Yucca Avenue
- Siren system provides warnings when you're outdoors
Assessment of Fair Housing Public Meeting: 7 p.m. Aug. 15, 2017; Fort Worth Housing Solutions, 1201 E. 13th St.
Assessment of Fair Housing: 7 p.m. Aug. 29, 2017; Fort Worth Housing Solutions, 1201 E. 13th St.
Twitter Town Hall: noon Sept. 1, 2017; Participate on Twitter.
Mayor's Spooky Bike Ride: 5:30 p.m. Oct. 26, 2017; To be determined.
District 5 Office
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102