Kelly Allen Gray (District 8)
Kelly Allen Gray has served three years as the councilmember for Council District 8 in Fort Worth.
Community Service is nothing new to Allen Gray. She started early in her District 8 neighborhood, collecting money door to door to present to the bereaved family of a neighbor who had died.
It was this early community service that gave Allen Gray her first opportunity to walk District 8, learning her neighbors and their needs. Later, as the executive director, of the United Riverside Rebuilding Corporation, she continued this service by assisting many of those same neighbors in accessing assistance in weatherizing their houses, obtaining needed home repairs and building new homes for first time home buyers.
She has used proven tools gained from her community revitalization experience to develop new ways for District 8 to progress. The core of her success is engaging residents to insure that each has a rich quality of life and every family has a safe environment in which their children can thrive.
Her service as a Fort Worth City Council member has been focused on expanding a network of quality, safe and affordable housing across the city for first-time homebuyers and renters, while actively seeking ways to develop permanent supportive housing to assist in making homelessness short term and non-reoccurring.
Allen Gray represents the city as a board member on the North Central Texas Council of Governments and is an alternate member of the Regional Transportation Council (RTC). Her civic board service includes:
- Chair of the Trinity Habitat for Humanity Advisory Committee
- Trustee for Texas Wesleyan University
- President of the Texas Association of Black City Council Members.
Allen Gray is a graduate of Polytechnic High School and Texas A&M–Commerce. She and her husband, Billy, have been married 16 years and have a blended family of three sons and one son, Ryland, from their union.
- Kelly Allen Gray: 7/10/2012 to present
- Kathleen Hicks: 5/7/2005 to 7/10/2012
- Ralph McCloud: 6/10/1997 to 5/7/2005
- Virginia Nell Webber: 4/4/1987 to 6/10/1997
- Jim A. Bagsby: 4/19/1977 to 4/4/1987
(First single member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- Henry Meadows: 4/4/1973 to 4/19/1977
- W. S. Kemble Jr.: 2.10/1964 to 4/4/1973
- Doyle Willis: 4/16/1963 to 2.10/1964
- J. Frank Keeton: 4/4/1961 to 4/16/1963
- Ralph L. McCann: 4/7/1959 to 4/4/1961
- A. A. Jackson: 4/6/1955 to 4/7/1959
- J. E. Thompson: 4/22/1953 to 4/6/1955
- Edward L. Baker: 4/5/1949 to 4/2/1953
- George B. Eagle: 7.23/1938 to 4/5/1949
- George A. Seaman: 4/7/1937 to 7.23/1938
- Arthur Brown: 4/2/1935 to 4/7/1937
- J. R. Penn: 6/12/1928 to 4/2/1935
- W. E. Austin: 4/7/1925 to 6/12/1928
- City Council releases meeting schedule for upcoming weeks
- Texas Wesleyan area water and wastewater improvement project wrapping up
- Eastside Blossoms project continues to bloom
No events scheduled
District 8 Office
1000 Throckmorton St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102