City Government > District 8
Kelly Allen Gray (District 8)
Kelly Allen Gray was sworn in as the District 8 Councilmember July 10, 2012.
Community Service is nothing new to Allen Gray. She started early in her District 8 neighborhood collecting money door-to-door for the family of a neighbor who had passed away. It was this early community service that gave Allen Gray her first opportunity to walk District 8, learning her neighbors and their needs.
Allen Gray, a graduate of Polytechnic High School and Texas A&M – Commerce, continued her service to the community in which she grew up as the executive director of the United Riverside Rebuilding Corporation, helping her neighbors gain assistance in weatherizing their homes, obtaining needed home repairs and, in some cases, building their first homes.
Allen Gray served as President of the PTO at Our Mother of Mercy Catholic School for four years and currently serves on the school’s board of directors. She also serves on the board of Streams and Valleys, which included the Riverside Trailhead Committee. She has served on the boards of the North Texas Housing Coalition, Neighborhood Housing Services, Mental Health Housing, Mayor’s Task Force for Affordable Housing and The Darrent Williams Foundation. She has been honored for her community work with several civic awards, including a nomination for Outstanding Young Leader of Tarrant County by the Fort Worth Junior Chamber of Commerce and Ebony Magazine’s Pine-Sol Powerful Difference Award.
Allen Gray is active in her church, Greater True Light Baptist Church – Riverside, where she has taught Children’s Church, chaperoned youth outings, worked with the youth choir and helped plan and present the annual Easter and Christmas programs. Additionally, she was a member the Capital Campaign Committee, instrumental in raising funds and securing financing for the construction of a new church facility.
- Kelly Allen Gray: 7/10/2012 to present
- Kathleen Hicks: 5/7/2005 to 7/10/2012
- Ralph McCloud: 6/10/1997 to 5/7/2005
- Virginia Nell Webber: 4/4/1987 to 6/10/1997
- Jim A. Bagsby: 4/19/1977 to 4/4/1987
(First single member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- Henry Meadows: 4/4/1973 to 4/19/1977
- W. S. Kemble Jr.: 2.10/1964 to 4/4/1973
- Doyle Willis: 4/16/1963 to 2.10/1964
- J. Frank Keeton: 4/4/1961 to 4/16/1963
- Ralph L. McCann: 4/7/1959 to 4/4/1961
- A. A. Jackson: 4/6/1955 to 4/7/1959
- J. E. Thompson: 4/22/1953 to 4/6/1955
- Edward L. Baker: 4/5/1949 to 4/2/1953
- George B. Eagle: 7.23/1938 to 4/5/1949
- George A. Seaman: 4/7/1937 to 7.23/1938
- Arthur Brown: 4/2/1935 to 4/7/1937
- J. R. Penn: 6/12/1928 to 4/2/1935
- W. E. Austin: 4/7/1925 to 6/12/1928
- Funding to local coalition will combat chronic disease
- Help make Glencrest Neighborhood a safer, easier place to walk
- December workshop is first step in potential redevelopment of Butler Place
District 8 Office
1000 Throckmorton St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102