Ann Zadeh (District 9)
Elected in June 2014, District 9 representative Ann Zadeh joined the Fort Worth City Council ranks already a seasoned veteran at navigating the important decisions city leaders must make.
Zadeh – a Fort Worth resident of more than 25 years – came to Texas after obtaining a bachelors degree in environmental studies from the University of California–Santa Cruz. She enrolled at the University of Texas at Arlington and obtained a masters in city and regional planning in 1992.
After being credentialed by the American Institute of Certified Planners, Zadeh spent five years as a city planning consultant, advising municipalities throughout the Metroplex.
Zadeh made her first appearance behind the Fort Worth City Council dais in 2008 when Mayor Mike Moncrief appointed her to the Zoning Commission. She served three terms on the commission – two under Mayor Moncrief and a third as chair of the commission following reappointment by Mayor Betsy Price - before her run for the District 9 seat.
Community engagement has been a passion for Zadeh throughout her years working with cities, and she is front and center when volunteers are needed. In addition to being a familiar face at pop-up markets, Open Streets, Fort Worth festivals and historic tours, Zadeh has coordinated events and communication for her home neighborhood, Bluebonnet Hills, and worked with SteerFW’s Urban Development Task Force to hold a successful Better Block event at Bluebonnet Circle.
Zadeh is an active member of The American Planning Association (APA), the Texas Chapter APA, the local Midwest Section whose mission it is to advocate the profession of planning, providing expertise and processes that empower citizens to be engaged in the development and sustainability of Great Communities in Texas.
Zadeh is passionate about Transportation and Transit. She currently serves on the Regional Transportation Council and the City of Fort Worth Infrastructure and Transportation Committee. She also attends the Housing and Neighborhood Services Committee regularly.
Zadeh serves on the TIF boards of TIFs 3 (Chair), 4 (Chair), 6 and 8. Additionally, she is on the board of the Fort Worth Convention and Visitors Bureau, Near Southside Board (ex officio-nonvoting) and the National League of Cities, University Communities Council, all with the purpose of furthering the quality of life of the residents of District 9 and the City of Fort Worth. Zadeh also attends and supports dozens of registered neighborhood associations throughout District 9, attending meetings and events, and encouraging and promoting those efforts.
Zadeh and husband Jim have been married for over 25 years, and have two sons – Michael and Kyle.
- Ann Zadeh: 7.15.2014 to present
- Joel Burns: 1.8.2008 to 7.15.2014
- Wendy Davis: 5.1.1999 to 1.8.2008
- Cathy Hirt: 5.4.1996 to 5.1.1999
- Kenneth Barr: 5.1.1993 to 5.4.1996
- David Chappell: 5.6.1989 to 5.1.1993
- Estil Vance Jr.: 4.20.1985 to 5.6.1989
- Herman Stute: 5.1.1979 to 4.6.1985
- Shirley Johnson: 4.19.1977 to 5.1.1979
(First single member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- Margret Rimmer: 4.7.1971 to 4.19.1977
- William R. Sarsgard: 4.24.1967 to 4.7.1971
- Marvin B. Shannon: 4.2.1963 to 4.24.1967
- Gene S. Moore: 4.4.1961 to 4.2.1963
- C. B. Williams: 4.2.1957 to 4.4.1961
- Barney B. Holland: 4.20.1955 to 4.2.1957
- T. L. Carleton: 4.22.1953 to 4.20.1955
- George B. Bennett: 4.5.1949 to 4.2.1953
- H. Malvern Marks Jr.: 4.8.1941 to 4.5.1949
- A. B. Smith: 3.30.1938 to 4.8.1941
- George B. Eagle: 4.7.1937 to 2.9.1938
- Van Zandt Jarvis: 2.25.1927 to 4.7.1937
- L. P. Card: 4.7.1925 to 2.1.1927
- Take care of outstanding warrants at July 18 event
- City Council releases meeting schedule for summer
- Proposed pension contribution plan passes employee vote
Back to School Bash at Victory Forest Community Center: 10 a.m. Aug. 3, 2019; Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill St.
Mother's Day Out at Worth Heights Community Center: 1 p.m. Aug. 3, 2019; Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
Lunch and Crafting at Worth Heights Community Center: 1 p.m. Aug. 10, 2019; Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
District 9 Office
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102