Emergency Management Office
The Emergency Management Office prepares for, mitigates against, responds to and assists in the recovery from natural and man-made disasters.
Fort Worth's outdoor warning system may be activated for any kind of emergency — not just severe weather. Learn more about the city's outdoor warning system.
What should you do if you end up on the site of a shooting? Check out this video from the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) Program to learn the steps you should take to survive an active shooting event.
Emergency Preparedness for Residents With Functional Needs
- Emergency preparedness involves financial preparedness (Sept. 21, 2017)
- It takes a village to be prepared for disasters (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Residents with special needs should look into registering for SNAP (Sept. 11, 2017)
- Before disaster strikes, have a plan (Sept. 7, 2017)
- Fort Worth and Tarrant County Hurricane Harvey shelter has closed (Aug. 28, 2017)
Emergency Management Office:
Joint Emergency Operation Center:
View a copy of the Tarrant County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Action Plan.