Emergency Management Office
The Emergency Management Office prepares for, mitigates against, responds to and assists in the recovery from natural and man-made disasters.
Fort Worth's outdoor warning system may be activated for any kind of emergency — not just severe weather. Learn more about the city's outdoor warning system.
As part of their emergency preparedness plan, Fort Worth residents can receive the CASA weather radar images by downloading the free CASA Alerts app from the App Store.
What should you do if you end up on the site of a shooting? Check out this video from the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) Program to learn the steps you should take to survive an active shooting event.
Emergency Preparedness for Residents With Functional Needs
- Who should register for Fort Worth’s SNAP program? (Oct. 11, 2018)
- Recognize the signs of terrorism-related suspicious activity (Sept. 11, 2018)
- Domestic terrorism can take many forms (Aug. 23, 2018)
- Jim Davis is the new Fort Worth fire chief (July 18, 2018)
- Siren system provides warnings when you're outdoors (March 25, 2016)
Emergency Management Office:
Joint Emergency Operation Center:
View a copy of the Tarrant County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Action Plan.