Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Request for Expressions of Interest (RFEI)
Finalist chosen for the Evans & Rosedale Urban Village
Public meeting: Monday, June 24
A workshop is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 24, in room 1111 of the Tarrant County Public Health Facility, 1101 S. Main St., for representatives from Hoque Global to meet with the area's residents and business owners. Representatives from Hoque Global and the City of Fort Worth will provide an update on the revised Evans & Rosedale Urban Village site plan, the project's current status, and the project's timeline and development process.
Hoque Global has been selected as the master developer for Evans & Rosedale Urban Village.
View the proposal
Hoque Global has worked on several projects in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including the West 7th area of Fort Worth, and the SoGood District south of downtown Dallas.
Now that Hoque Global has been selected as the master developer for the Evans & Rosedale Urban Village, developer representatives will meet with the community at 6:30 p.m. April 29 at Van Zandt-Guinn Elementary, 600 Kentucky Ave.
A final recommendation will be sent to the Fort Worth Local Development Corporation Board, the Fort Worth Housing Finance Corporation Board, and City Council this summer.
Previous information about the Evans & Rosedale RFEI
- Download the RFEI
- Download RFEI Addendum 1: Q&A (Dec. 13, 2018)
- Notes from the Feb. 9 Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Master Development Workshop
The following design guidelines have been drafted specifically for the Evans & Rosedale Urban Village in past planning and community engagement efforts. Many of these guidelines are still recommended for the urban village; however, their use or modification should be appropriate for today’s market.
Because the properties are zoned NS (Near Southside), the Near Southside Design Guidelines will apply.
- 2009 Proposed Evans & Rosedale Urban Village design standards and guidelines
- Evans & Rosedale Urban Village design guide book
Plans and information
- 2005 Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Master Plan
- 2006 Partners for Sacred Places Presentation
- 2004 Evans Ave. Storytelling Presentation
- Evans & Rosedale Urban Village public meeting presentation
- Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Housing Finance Corporation presentation
Most recent opinion polls
- 2018 Historic Southside Neighborhood Association Member Poll
- 2017 Target Area Workshop - Fort Worth Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Facade improvement program
- Neighborhood empowerment zones
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #4 (Near Southside)
Economic and demographic information
- 2018 ESRI Community Analyst - 1,3,5 mile rings
- 2009 Housing Market Demand, Evans-Rosedale area
- 2008 Social Compact Southeast Fort Worth Neighborhood Market Drilldown
- 2004 Market Study
City of Fort Worth information
- City of Fort Worth Comprehensive Plan (Especially the Economic Development, Urban Design, and Urban Village chapters.)
- 2015 progress report
- City of Fort Worth Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Fortify Strategic Plan
- Additional information
- 2002 Commercial Corridor Revitalization Study
- Complete Streets policy
- Walk Fort Worth Pedestrian Plan (incorporated into comprehensive plan in 2014)
- Bike Fort Worth
- Mobility and Air Quality
- Master Thoroughfare Plan
This area is zoned mainly Mixed Use (MU-1) or NS) with form-based codes. Some parcels are zoned Planned Development.
“MU-1”: Higher density, mixed-use, pedestrian-oriented development for designated mixed-use growth centers. Low-intensity mixed-use and urban villages, so as to concentrate a variety of housing types among neighborhood-serving commercial and institutional uses. MU-1 is encouraged in the central city. Maximum height 3-5 stories.
“NS” Near Southside: High density, mixed-use, pedestrian-oriented development for designated area south of Downtown. Subject to review by Urban Design Commission. Bars and Light Industrial uses prohibited in NS/T4R.
Other economic development and neighborhood entities
- Bluebonnet Circle
- Evans & Rosedale
- Historic Handley
- Historic Marine
- Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup
- Near East Side
- Oakland Corners
- Six Points
- South Main
- West Seventh
- Commercial Corridor Revitalization Strategy
- Urban Village Development Program
- Façade Improvement Program