Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Request for Expressions of Interest (RFEI)
For questions about the RFEI, contact Carol Griffith by email or by phone at 817-392-6027.
Workshop for the Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Master Development
9 a.m.-Noon Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019
Van Zandt-Guinn Elementary Gym, 600 Kentucky Ave.
Provide your opinions to influence development in the Evans & Rosedale Urban Village at six interactive stations: Design, Businesses, History, Community Engagement, Fears/Hopes, and General Comments. Open to Historic Southside neighborhood and local businesses.
The following design guidelines have been drafted specifically for the Evans & Rosedale Urban Village in past planning and community engagement efforts. Many of these guidelines are still recommended for the urban village; however, their use or modification should be appropriate for today’s market.
Because the properties are zoned NS (Near Southside), the Near Southside Design Guidelines will apply.
- 2009 Proposed Evans & Rosedale Urban Village design standards and guidelines
- Evans & Rosedale Urban Village design guide book
Plans and information
- 2005 Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Master Plan
- 2006 Partners for Sacred Places Presentation
- 2004 Evans Ave. Storytelling Presentation
- Evans & Rosedale Urban Village public meeting presentation
- Evans & Rosedale Urban Village Housing Finance Corporation presentation
Most recent opinion polls
- 2018 Historic Southside Neighborhood Association Member Poll
- 2017 Target Area Workshop - Fort Worth Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Facade improvement program
- Neighborhood empowerment zones
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #4 (Near Southside)
Economic and demographic information
- 2018 ESRI Community Analyst - 1,3,5 mile rings
- 2009 Housing Market Demand, Evans-Rosedale area
- 2008 Social Compact Southeast Fort Worth Neighborhood Market Drilldown
- 2004 Market Study
City of Fort Worth information
- City of Fort Worth Comprehensive Plan (Especially the Economic Development, Urban Design, and Urban Village chapters.)
- 2015 progress report
- City of Fort Worth Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Fortify Strategic Plan
- Additional information
- 2002 Commercial Corridor Revitalization Study
- Complete Streets policy
- Walk Fort Worth Pedestrian Plan (incorporated into comprehensive plan in 2014)
- Bike Fort Worth
- Mobility and Air Quality
- Master Thoroughfare Plan
This area is zoned mainly Mixed Use (MU-1) or NS) with form-based codes. Some parcels are zoned Planned Development.
“MU-1”: Higher density, mixed-use, pedestrian-oriented development for designated mixed-use growth centers. Low-intensity mixed-use and urban villages, so as to concentrate a variety of housing types among neighborhood-serving commercial and institutional uses. MU-1 is encouraged in the central city. Maximum height 3-5 stories.
“NS” Near Southside: High density, mixed-use, pedestrian-oriented development for designated area south of Downtown. Subject to review by Urban Design Commission. Bars and Light Industrial uses prohibited in NS/T4R.
Other economic development and neighborhood entities
- Bluebonnet Circle
- Evans & Rosedale
- Historic Handley
- Historic Marine
- Near East Side
- Oakland Corners
- Six Points
- South Main
- West Seventh
- Commercial Corridor Revitalization Strategy
- Urban Village Development Program
- Façade Improvement Program