Mission: “To serve and protect our community through education, prevention, preparedness and response.”
The Fort Worth Fire Department protects one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country with a wide range of services, including: emergency preparedness, education, prevention, and response. Covering 345 square miles with a dedicated workforce of more than 900 employees, the department has become one of the most efficient and respected in America. Learn more.
- Bureau of Fire Prevention
- Emergency Management Office
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Standby for special events
- External Affairs Office
- Fire Investigations
- Fire Prevention Education
- Operations Division
- Professional Standards Office
Become a Fire Fighter
The City of Fort Worth Fire Department does more than just fight fires. Protecting one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country requires us to provide a wide range of services to our community. We hope you will consider joining our team and help us continue the tradition.
- Firemen’s 5K honors memory of two firefighters killed in Lake Worth church fire
- Fire Station 26 temporarily closed
- Safe Swim programs aim to stop drownings in Fort Worth
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Visit the media page.