Mission: “To serve and protect our community through education, prevention, preparedness and response.”
The Fort Worth Fire Department protects one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country with a wide range of services, including: emergency preparedness, education, prevention, and response. Covering 345 square miles with a dedicated workforce of more than 900 employees, the department has become one of the most efficient and respected in America. Learn more.
2018 Fire Department Annual Report
In 2018 the City of Fort Worth Fire Department answered 118,812 calls in the City of Fort Worth. Learn more about the services and budget for the Fort Worth Fire Department.
- Bureau of Fire Prevention
- Citizens Fire Academy
- Emergency Management Office
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Standby for special events
- External Affairs Office
- Fire Investigations
- Fire Prevention Education
- Operations Division
- Professional Standards Office
Become a Fire Fighter
The City of Fort Worth Fire Department does more than just fight fires. Protecting one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country requires us to provide a wide range of services to our community. We hope you will consider joining our team and help us continue the tradition.
- Enjoy the holiday season with fire safety in mind
- MedStar implements field-deployable stop-the-bleed kits
- Prevent a turkey fryer fire
- Fire Station 22 temporarily closed
- Tarrant County is now under a ban on outdoor burning
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Visit the media page.