Citizens Fire Academy
The Fort Worth Citizens Fire Academy (CFA) is now a monthly class that any resident of Fort Worth, 16 years of age and older, can attend for free. There is no obligation to attend every month and no application is required. The CFA is an opportunity for the community to engage with firefighters and learn the many disciplines supported by the Fort Worth Fire Department.
Classes are held the second Tuesday of the month and will include demonstrations as well as hands-on participation. Topics include: Fire Service History, Organization Structure, Fire Station Tours, Emergency Medicine, Hazardous Materials Response, Search and Rescue, Vehicle Extrication, Arson Investigation and many more.
- Fort Worth firefighter added to National Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- Tarrant County is now under a ban on outdoor burning
- New ladder truck at Station 21 striped in TCU purple
- Take the time to build an emergency kit. It's worth it
- So what's the difference between a weather watch and a warning?
- Public art for Fire Station 42 dedicated
- Learn about disaster preparedness and response at September, October sessions
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Visit the media page.