Fire Station Tours
The Fort Worth Fire Department welcomes tours of the fire stations and trucks. Station tours last approximately 30 minutes and include viewing the fire engine, firefighting equipment, fire gear, emergency medical equipment, living quarters, and a short presentation concerning fire safety.
Tour Criteria and Information
Fire Station Tours / Truck Appearances (pdf)
- Tour may be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, and 6:30 to 7:30 PM, Sunday through Saturday.
- Firefighters have a busy schedule so tours should be scheduled as far in advance as possible. This allows us a greater opportunity to accommodate the date and time of your request.
- Groups should be no larger than 25 persons including children and adults. There must be one adult chaperone for every five children. Children under the age of five are frequently frightened by the noises and surroundings and do not understand the tour information.
- Carpooling groups to the fire station is encouraged due to a very limited number of parking spaces. Street parking is not available at many fire stations.
- Please understand your tour may be interrupted. Fire Stations must remain “in-service” during tours and the firefighters may need to respond to emergencies. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. If your tour is interrupted by an emergency call, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your visit.
- If firefighters are not at the station when your group arrives, they are out on an emergency call. We recommend you wait 15 minutes for their return. If they do not return in that time, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour.
- Firefighters have serious work to do. You are welcome to tour a fire station but may not hold party festivities at the facility. Please do not bring food or drinks into the fire station during tours.
Fire Truck Scheduling
Fire trucks may be scheduled for a Show and Tell appearance for the following groups.
- Neighborhood Associations
- Special events such as Block Parties, Safety Fairs, Fire Safety Month, and Career Days.
Fire trucks may be scheduled for a maximum of two hours between the hours of 9:00 to 11:00 AM, 1:00 to 4:00 PM, and 6:30 to 7:30 PM., Sunday through Saturday.
Tour or Truck Scheduling
To schedule a tour or truck appearance, please contact:
For information regarding Fire Drills, please contact Captain Ricky Addington in our Fire Safety Division at (817) 392-6862.