External Affairs Office
The External Affairs Office’s purpose is to maintain visibility regarding public and internal communications; coordinate routine and special communications; ensure accurate, useful, timely, synchronized, targeted communication; and provide continuous messaging to meet the needs of the situation. The office also serves as an resource to Fort Worth Fire leadership, program and support offices on decision making, development and maintenance of policies and programs to ensure that activities are responsive to stakeholders, media, city leadership and other audiences
The department’s website and social media resources are also managed by the EAO.
If you have questions about the Fire Department, use the online form or call 817-392-6800.
- Fire Department reports on busy fireworks patrols
- American Sign Language provides alerts to deaf and functional-needs residents
- Learn about disaster preparedness and response at September, October sessions
- New fire pumper goes into service in Handley
- Summer Scholars Collaborative: Putting out a different kind of fire
- Salvation Army cooling stations now open
- Fire Station 4 reopens
- MedStar poised to treat heat-related illnesses during upcoming temperature spike
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Visit the media page.