Transportation Impact Fees
Fort Worth City Council adopted a transportation impact fee ordinance May 13, 2008. The ordinance went into effect July 1, 2008.
Transportation impact fees are charges assessed by local governments on new development projects and will help fund transportation improvements that will be needed as development occurs in Fort Worth.
Note: Credit cards will not be accepted for Transportation Impact Fees.
Change of use permits may be subject to Transportation Impact Fees. Transportation impact fees are changes assessed by new development projects (including certain change of use permits) and will help fund arterial roadway construction as development occurs in Fort Worth.
For information on Water Development Impact Fees, please visit the Water Department.
- Julie Westerman 817-392-2677
The Transportation Impact Fee Estimator is simple to use.
- Enter the development’s Service Area
- Enter the plat approval date. If unknown, you can research the plats here.
- Enter the appropriate building permit application date.
- Enter the appropriate land use(s) from the drop-down list.
- The applicable development unit will automatically appear, (for example, the development unit for an office is 1,000 sq ft; 2,500 sq ft office would be 2,500/1,000 = 2.5 development units; for a residential development, it is the number of dwelling units).
- Enter the number of development units for each land use.
- Enter credit / discount amounts, if known.
- The program will calculate the project’s estimated transportation impact fee.
Share information about Transportation Impact fees. Download the brochure.