Information Technology Solutions
What IT Solutions does
IT Solutions provides customer-focused, cost-effective IT services and offers innovative solutions to City departments to efficiently accomplish their goals and provide quality services to residents.
The professionals of this department support residents and city employees daily by:
- Providing the radio systems for public safety, emergency and critical communications needs to ensure rapid response to residents and public safety personnel needs. The system supports the City of Fort Worth and 14 surrounding jurisdictions including Tarrant County. Services range from installing and maintaining radio and microwave equipment to repairing mobile communication units in police and fire vehicles.
- Managing phone systems, including the city’s 911 call center, the Emergency Operations Center and non-emergency service between City of Fort Worth departments and residents. This involves managing more than 6,000 phones in 200-plus office and field sites.
- Making sure the City’s data network and more than 150 servers in the city’s data center operate 24/7/365 to provide uninterrupted access for residents to services such as the city’s website.
- Maintaining more than 4,000 desktop and laptop computers used by personnel at City Hall and other locations, including fire and police facilities, as well as in mobile environments such as police cruisers, water and street trucks and Code Compliance vehicles.
- Administering an e-mail system that receives almost 5 million messages a year, while successfully protecting the enterprise from harmful junk mail.
- Protecting the City’s information system to ensure residents’ information is secure and systems are available. This involves repelling an average of over 2,000 virus attacks daily and an average of 83,000 hacking attempts monthly.
- Responding to over 40,000 technology helpdesk calls from City employees annually.
- Developing and supporting hundreds of applications that automate and effectively enable the City’s business processes to be more timely and efficient, such as responding to emergency calls or residents’ requests for services.
- Managing numerous technology contracts and vendor relations via well-negotiated terms and conditions and continuous monitoring of performance.
- Providing procurement services and asset management for wireless communication tools and computing equipment.
- Providing City departments internal business analysis and planning to continuously improve business processes and challenges via technology solutions.
In addition to the daily ongoing support provided by IT Solutions, the department also sustains a significant project program to deliver and develop applications and systems that improve services and productivity. Projects in the program include:
- Electronic Citations
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- IT Asset Managment
- Mainframe Applications Migration to Open Systems
- Radio System Replacement and Upgrades
- Radio Tower New Sites & Replacements
Citywide IT Awards and Recognition
Best of Texas Award Winner
- 2012 Demonstrated Excellence in Project Management
- 2012 Outstanding IT Service and Support
- 2011 Project Excellence Award
- 2011 Outstanding IT Service and Support
- 2007 Excellence in Project Delivery for CMS Project
Public Technology Institute (PTI) Awards Winner
- 2012 PTI Fellows Award: Peter Anderson, CIO, City of Fort Worth, Texas.
Major Technology Leader in Commitment to Local Government Service
- 2012 Public CFW Project Website
- 2011 Budget Exercise Application
- 2011 Automated Network Access Provisioning Joint Emergency Operations Center
PTI Awards Honorable Mentions
- 2012 My Property Tax Dollars
- 2012 Fort Worth Police Department's Executive DashPro Management System
- 2011 Joint Emergency Operations Center
- 2011 Joint Emergency Operations Center Intranet/Internet Portal
- 2011 Intranet/Internet Portal Presence
- 2011 Electronic Council Packet
- 2011 GIS Historic Aerial Imagery Tool
- 2011 GIS Pedestrian Needs Index for Sidewalk Requests
PTI Awards Significant Achievements
- 2012 eCouncil Speaker Card System
North Central Texas Council of Governments
Emergency Preparedness Awards:
- 2013 “Hot Stuff Award” for Service Excellence in Emergency Response
- 2011 Tarrant County/Fort Worth Joint Emergency Operations Center
- The Fort Worth Special Needs Assistance Program
275 W. 13th St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102
1000 Throckmorton St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102