The city’s Lead-Safe Program (LSP) is committed to creating a lead-safe environment for the children and residents of Fort Worth. The program helps income-eligible residents protect children (under age six) from lead when they live or spend extended periods of time in a home with lead. Services include free lead-based paint home inspections, lead-based paint hazard reduction services and community education.
Lead-Safe Program services include:
- Lead-based paint inspections and risk assessments
- Testing of children under the age of six for lead poisoning
- Interior and/or exterior painting using lead-safe work practices
- Specialized cleaning techniques to address lead dust
- Replacement of hazardous lead-contaminated components such as doors, windows, and siding if necessary
- Treatment of contaminated dirt around the home
Applications are in both English and Spanish.
Download the Policies and Procedures to learn more.
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102
818 Missouri Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104