To provide a safe and welcoming environment for all customers, the following activities are prohibited:
- Consuming food or alcoholic beverages in the building.
- Bringing into the building bed rolls, backpacks or suitcases that do not fit on or under a chair.
- Entering the building without shoes and a shirt.
- Committing or attempting to commit an activity that violates a federal, state or local statute or ordinance.
Violations of the Fort Worth City Code:
- Smoking or any other use of tobacco.
- Damaging or destroying city property.
- Panhandling, soliciting, loitering or sleeping.
Violations of the Texas Penal Code:
- Displaying or distributing obscene material or images.
- Failing to properly supervise children.
- Using loud, abusive, threatening or insulting language, or behaving inappropriately.
Violations of the Code of Federal Regulations:
- Bringing pets into the library, with the exception of licensed service animals.
Persons violating these policies may be asked to leave the library and/or have their privileges revoked.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
The Fort Worth Library's mission is to welcome and support all people in their enjoyment of reading and recreational materials, and their pursuit of learning and information.