To provide a safe and welcoming environment for all customers, the following activities are prohibited:
- Consuming food or alcoholic beverages in the building.
- Bringing into the building bed rolls, backpacks or suitcases that do not fit on or under a chair.
- Entering the building without shoes and a shirt.
- Committing or attempting to commit an activity that violates a federal, state or local statute or ordinance.
Violations of the Fort Worth City Code:
- Smoking or any other use of tobacco.
- Damaging or destroying city property.
- Panhandling, soliciting, loitering or sleeping.
Violations of the Texas Penal Code:
- Displaying or distributing obscene material or images.
- Failing to properly supervise children.
- Using loud, abusive, threatening or insulting language, or behaving inappropriately.
Violations of the Code of Federal Regulations:
- Bringing pets into the library, with the exception of licensed service animals.
Persons violating these policies may be asked to leave the library and/or have their privileges revoked.
The Fort Worth Public Library's mission is building a community of learners, dreamers and doers.