How to Access HeritageQuest Online:
- Go to the History/Genealogy section of the library’s Online Databases page.
- Locate HeritageQuest Online.
- Follow the instructions to log into the database.
- The HeritageQuest Online webpage will come up automatically.
HeritageQuest Online Features:
- U.S. Federal Census, 1790-1930. The page images for the entire census, 1790-1930, are included in HeritageQuest Online. Many corresponding name indexes are also available. These are completely new indexes created by ProQuest. In addition to the ability to search by name, our census records can be searched by place of birth, age, ethnicity and other variables making this the most versatile census searching available online.
- ProQuest’s Genealogy & Local History Collection of 20,000+ family and local history books, every word searchable. Every page of each book is presented and can be easily downloaded or copied. Few genealogical collections in the country have this many titles.
- PERSI™ - The Periodical Source Index is a comprehensive subject index covering more than 6,500 genealogy and local history periodicals written in English and French (Canada) since 1800. PERSI™ provides the researcher the ability to search on surnames, locations, and methodologies as well as the ability to browse the journals by title and keyword.
- Freedman’s Bank Records. At the close of the Civil War, the Freedman’s Savings & Trust Company was the primary bank for America’s freed slaves and others from 1865-1874. This documents more than 105,000 bank depositors and over 480,000 of their dependents and heirs. It is considered one of the most important resources for African-American genealogical research.
- Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files. This collection details records of 80,000+ individuals who served in the Revolutionary War and contains both genealogical and historical information. Each veteran’s file usually contains six or more pages on each veteran and normally includes the veteran’s former rank, unit, and period of service, age or date of birth, residence, and sometimes-genealogical information on other family members.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: May 23, 2016