Fort Worth Library Interlibrary Loan
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to request materials not available in the Fort Worth Library collection.
Important Changes to the InterLibrary Loan Service
As a result of budget cuts required by the Texas Legislature, the Interlibrary Loan service (ILL) were scaled back.
As of September 2011, ILL is no longer be funded by the Texas State Library and Archives. The Fort Worth Library will fund and provide a limited ILL service. However, this service will be available only to Fort Worth residents with active library cards and ILL accounts. All non-resident Interlibrary Loan accounts were closed on August 31, 2011.
Several other key changes effective September 2011:
- ILL will no longer borrow or loan out new books, CDs, DVDs or graphic novels. (Copies are considered new if they were added in the last 12 months.)
- Customers will use a new online form for requests.
- Existing username, password and outstanding requests will be transferred to the new system.
- ILL customers will now be charged for photocopies, fines and lost materials.
- All account holders must provide an email address.
- As before, account holders may have no more than 10 active requests.
If you have questions, please email ILL@fortworthlibrary.org.
How Does ILL Work?
- Search the WorldCat database: Use in Library | Use at Home and locate desired materials.
- Once you have found the item you want to borrow, select the Request an Interlibrary Loan option and follow the steps to place your request.
- In order to place a request, you will have to create an ILL account. After you have placed your request, you may log into your account to check the status of your requests, see what you have checked out, or edit your account information. Questions? Visit the FAQ page.
- When available, your loan will be sent to your designated pickup location and you will be sent a notification email. When you are finished with the item, please return it to your nearest Fort Worth Library. Please do not return Interlibrary Loan materials in book drops.
Things to Remember
- If this is your first time placing an ILL request, please visit the First Time Users/Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to create an account. You must be a Fort Worth resident with a valid Fort Worth Library card to have a new ILL account.
- Effective April 1, 2010: Fort Worth Library cardholders will be limited to 10 active Interlibrary Loan requests per card. This means that the total number of items checked out and requested is limited to 10.
- Notifications: The ILL office only sends notifications via e-mail. You MUST include an e-mail address as part of your ILL account information. If you do not have an e-mail address, you may sign up for one free of charge from services such as Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail.
Updated 19 March 2012