Refer to the Circulation Policy for complete information about borrowing rules.
A first-time adult borrower with current address verification may check out up to 5 items. Without address verification, adults are limited to 1 item until application is completed. A first-time child borrower who has an adult present when applying may check out up to 5 items. Without an adult present, children may check out 1 item until application is completed.
The maximum check out limit is 50 barcoded items, including 10 videocassettes/DVDs, ten compact discs/music audiocassettes.
DVDs and videocassettes – one week (seven days)
All other materials – three weeks (21 days)
All materials may be renewed twice if no one else has requested them. You can renew materials several ways:
- Online at My Account. You’ll need your library card barcode number and PIN
- Call the 24 x 7 TeleMessaging automated system at 817-392-7771. You’ll need your library card barcode number, PIN, and the barcodes of the items you wish to renew. This service will not allow you to renew overdue items.
- Call any library. You’ll need your library card barcode number and PIN.
- In person at any library.
Don’t forget to make a note of the new due date!
Please note that you may not renew materials if you have outstanding fines of $5.00 or more.
Materials owned by MetrOPAC Libraries
Loan periods and renewal policies for the MetrOPAC libraries may vary. Please refer to each library’s information page for details.
Loan periods and renewal policies vary according to the policy of the lending library. Contact the Interlibrary Loan office at 817-392-7731 for information about your interlibrary loans.
Fines and Fees
If you owe the Library $5.00 or more, or have materials overdue, your borrowing privileges may be suspended. Once all fines have been paid and materials have been returned, your privileges will be reinstated. Daily fines are charged per item overdue:
- Books: 25¢
- DVDs and videocassettes $1.00
- Compact discs (including books on CD): 25¢
- Audiocassettes (including books on cassette): 25¢
Rates for lost or unrepairable items are the current market costs. Rates vary for items for which the current cost is unavailable. There is also a $5-$10 processing fee for each item that has to be replaced.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2015